Another Graduate

Lil Nick

Mar 6, 2008
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
This is a picture of my grandson. He has been with me and my wife since the day he was born. Nick is a typical boy in that he likes getting out with Pa Pa with the metal detector if there is a place for him to play or try to catch lizards or snakes. His favorite right now is fishing with Pa Pa. He has been such a blessing in our lives for the six years we have had him. His mother and her other son came and stayed with us for a couple months after he was born and the she signed over her parental rights to us and her other son went to live with his father in California. Thank God for this because she is unfit as a mother. She lives about 5 miles from us and has not called or been by in about 1 and 1/2 years, but that is easier on him and us. He just graduated from kindergarten and has such a good year.

Thanks for letting me share this.

Attachments

• Nick.jpg
    Nick.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 295

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
What a handsome young man! Congrats on his graduation!

Sad to hear the situation, but one thing you need to look at, atleast she had the courage to give her children to people who could care for them. I hope he is able to keep in touch with his brother. Will their mother come around? Hard to say, as we don't know the full situation nor do we have crystal balls. I only pray for her that she will clean up her act and one day, atleast try to get to know her children.

But what a Blessing that he has the two of you!

I, as a mother to 3, could never dream of turning my children over to anyone, not even family!

Wishing you all wonderful years of memories, in a home filled with love, laughter and joys (and lots of metal detecting adventures)!
Annmarie

OP
OP
Lil Nick

Lil Nick

Mar 6, 2008
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
It is a blessing that she is not in our lives or our grandsons life. We have and will continue to pray for her also. She has a history of drug abuse and mental problems. We pray for nothing but the best for her. She is living with a man(boyfriend) and his wife, when the wife is not in jail or out running around. The grandson is our youngest sons boy. He passed away about 8 weeks before our grandson was born. He look and acts so much like his daddy, even though he never got to meet him. She named him after our son so he is a jr.

Thanks for the comments and prayers.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Congratulations. He is handsome. You and your wife did the right thing. But it is best for him. Sounds like you and your wife are doing a fine job.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a handsome lil man he is ~ look at that dimple and those cheeks, he's gonna have all the girls running after him. ;D

:wink: RR

42_2252 (2).jpg

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless y'all Lil Nick for stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing by that boy. He's got a good chance in life now. Also, I ain't seem him in a while, but I always liked your Leon Russell avatar.

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
Lil,Nick,

You must be very proud. :icon_thumleft:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good lookin boy there proud poppa :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Lil Nick

Lil Nick

Mar 6, 2008
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Thanks for all the comments. We are very proud of him and could never imagine loving a little fellow as much as we do him. The avatar is a picture I took of Leon Russell about a year and a half ago in the town I live in. Was so good to see him live after all these years of listening to him.

Thanks again for the encouragement and comments.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread