UFO pics from last night (06/11/09) - SOLVED

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Last night my wife & I went out for a walk. She points to the horizon, and I see a bright light (a little larger than the head of a pin). We head back to the house and I get the camera and binocs. I begin taking pics and video. The ufo comes into focus, and appears to be a balloon- with the inside all lit-up. As soon as I stopped taking pics, the balloon traveled straight up in the sky at a high rate of speed until it disappeared from our view. Either the aliens are getting more sneaky about disguising their space craft, or this balloon went gonzo. Anyone ever seen this type of thing before?

Attachments

• ufo 001.jpg
    ufo 001.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,022
  • ufo 002.jpg
    ufo 002.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,024

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: UFO pics from last night

LOL, can't help on the ID, but that is a good photo of the object. Most surely a balloon by appearances, but to explain sudden lift, beyond my capabilities. :D

Don

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70

I looks like a weather balloon, where they tie data measuring insturments to it and send them upwards.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I saw a weather balloon once and it looked just like that. I didn't get any pics, but I was amazed at how big it actually was. It didn't move at no high rate of speed, though.

T

trish76642

I'd say weather balloon too...

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter

I'm an avid Space Shuttle and International Space Station watcher, there's a website or two that tells you when and where to look.

Anyone that watches the sky at night has seen satellites pass overhead.

What do you do when you think you are watching a satellite, and it makes a quick u-turn then disappears a short time later?

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Dear group
According to the *official* US Air Force Aircraft ID Chart, the item posted in the photo above is swamp gas.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Attachments

• 2870400-weather_balloon.gif
    2870400-weather_balloon.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 975

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excavator said:
What do you do when you think you are watching a satellite, and it makes a quick u-turn then disappears a short time later?

Or just go erratically all over the sky, pulling turns & maneuvers like no aerospace or aerial vehicle is even able to complete...
it goes slow, then speeds up in less than a second to the speed of a star, then slows back down again, coming to a complete stop.
It seems to defy all understanding of physics if you ask me.

Bran <><

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter

LAMAR, I'd forgotten about that chart, lol.

Bran, seen any lately?

packerbacker, I can't tell if you're serious but also joking, joking, or just poking fun. ???

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very interesting !

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 851
OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

My camera is facing east. From our vantage point, the ufo appeared to be moving slowly from north to south (probably on a tether). It did come to a halt, then shot straight-up towards space. The sun had not completely set, so we guess the balloon was high enough to remain illuminated by sunlight, but you never know- maybe it had internal lighting as well. Without the binocs/camera, it just appeared to be a small round light in the sky. I can now see why some balloons could be mistaken for alien spacecraft.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excavator said:
Bran, seen any lately?

I haven't been looking, to be honest. The last one I saw was 200 feet above the highway on the opposite side, hovering.
That was a few days before my brother's wedding, back in January of 2006 up in Springfield, Missouri... on my way down to Texas for the wedding with our adopted brother. Because of the shape and position of lights (triangle, with a BRIGHT white light at each point and a single red light in the middle), I kinda pushed it into the back of my mind until I came across this video last Summer.
It's the exact same "craft" as my adopted brother and I saw that night.

Bran <><

Here's the video:
[video=google;-6483818398061077731]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6483818398061077731&ei=bM4ySoS-GY_wlAeyop3KAQ&q=ufo+over+illinois&hl=en[/video]

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter

Bran, ah yes, I saw that on Discovery.

Non-believers just haven't seen one, that's all.

Keep looking up folks, seems that sightings are on the rise. Keep the cameras charged and handy.

Here's a drawing of what I saw. I thought it made some darts in different directions right before it disappeared, but I was also experiencing the phenomena that makes you think the stars are swaying (happens as you first look skyward, forget the term for it). I could tell that if the object stopped moving, I wouldn't be able to pick it out of the stars. Had to be in the area of 100-250 miles high.

Diagram52809.jpg

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

During my first sighting, I had a friend with me to verify what was being seen... to prove that my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.
Once she said what she was witnessing, we both kinda looked at each other and laughed.
Weird things going on....

Bran ,.,

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

I'd be happy to post the video here. Can I upload it directly to TH or do I need to store it somewhere else and link to it? It's in .avi format but I can convert it if needed. Edumacate me, please!

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter

Bob, wait for an expert, but I think you'll have to put it with your picture host or youtube, then use the link to it. I'm using photobucket, I think they host video.

My wife and were sitting here one afternoon last winter, blinds and curtains closed tight, and there was a bright flash like someone in the room took a flash picture.

I was outside one evening and saw this yellow orange ball of light or fire, that shot away from the Earth, it was as large as a softball at arm's length. Yelled for my wife (scared her to death), she came out and we stood there a while. She was getting bored and about to head back in, I said "I wish it would come back....There IT IS!" Same thing again, just a little farther north.

One Labor Day, at 4pm, 12 of us moved to the driveway to sit and watch this glowing thing in the sky that never moved, somehow it didn't occur to me to get binoculars and a camera. It was there for at least a half hour, we must have gotten bored, because finally I looked and it was gone.

Three of us, saw this other thing, traveling along, lit by the sunset and glowing white, sort of an elongated dome shape but flat on the bottom, a jumbo jet airliner seemed to be following it both at low altitude, the object continued east and the jet banked hard north and climbed. The jet was too large to land at our airport and we never see them that low around here. One of the witnesses knew an air traffic controller, he said "nothing but man made objects in the area at that time". But I say he didn't see it.

Now, backing up a little, the same week I saw the u-turn satellite, I saw this "planet" in the north sky that really twinkled A LOT. Planet I thought...but it wasn't there the next night when I wanted to take a pic.

I did get a pic of this other "planet" in the east last winter. When I zoom way in on the pic, I see all these "moons" around it, but I don't know of any planet with that many moons. Jupiter has quite a few, but I'll have to count these. I may try to work up the pic and make a new post on it.

The funny thing is, we see most of these things in the same quadrant of the sky. All my video cameras are broken, working on that.

When i was a kid, two of us saw what I could only describe as a daylight comet, large as basketball at arm's length, brilliant pure white against a clear blue sky, as fast as the Space Shuttle, no tail but wisps of white licking off the rear edge.

There, I've done it, I'm officially the forum nut. So I may have to not post anymore. But I ain't lying folks.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Hummm.... looks like a weather balloon. The light theory is obviously correct.

Balloon goes up, and can travel west. Upon entering the jet stream, which can exceed well over 100 mph in the opposite direction, well, fast movement easterly while climbing.

Without something stationary in the background, it's also hard to judge speed and distance.

Besides, the ship I was abducted by looked nothing like a balloon.

T

trish76642

Excavator, i guess we're both gonna be forum nuts, cuz i believe theres life out there too.
We're here, why cant there be something else up there somewhere? Seems funny to me, out of all the planets floating around in outer space, that Earth is the only one with life on it.

Whos to say theres not another Planet Earth, or something just like Earth so far into the Universe that it hasnt been found yet....

I've always wondered, how far does the Universe go, does it ever end? If it does, whats at the end of it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread