NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I went to my fav lake at about noon, put my boat in the water, parked my truck, came back down, stepped over a retaining chain (attempted to) Got my left foot over and on solid concrete, lifted my right foot but, (not high enough) The chain is about 2 foot above the concrete, then my hulking frame came crashing down, landing on my left knee and left arm. No road rash, but I almost passed out from the pain. I have a low tolerance to burning type of pain. Which was the type of pain in my knee. I can't straighten or bend my left arm like I used to (hurts like he**) and my left knee and right hip hurt too. I refused ambulance call, just dizzy and hyperventillating a bit, nauseated, cold sweating profusely, it was only 60 degrees out. I am gonna be really stiff in the morning. Guess what? After about 2 hours, I was ready to fish, and fish I did! I caught a total of 8 bass, the biggest about 2 1/2 pounds, (no pics) So since I was not feeling up to par, I anchored my boat and still fished for awhile (have pic) I got out a can of corn and chummed a spot, then threaded several pieces on my hook and waited. Didn't have to wait long. 'Ol Mr. Buglemouth grabbed my hook and took me for a 20 minute ride. Since I only had my small handnet, I pulled up anchor and motored over to the land fishing area, and a kind fisherman with a bigger net landed my catch for me, then I got out onto land and took a pic of Mr. Buglemouth bass........NGE P.S. he weighed in at 20lbs.

Attachments

• buglemouth bass 20 pounds.jpg
    buglemouth bass 20 pounds.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 290

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I love carp fishing. That's a dandy. Where were ya fishing?? I grew up in Warren and fished alot in Lake St. Clair and the St. Clair River.

DM

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My fav lake is Newburgh Lake in Edward Hines Park, in the Livonia area.......NGE

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about you hurting yourself... that always puts a damper on a fun day.
But it looks like you faired well and your day got much better with all those catches!
I've heard people talk about fishing with corn, but never have tried it.
Maybe I'll have to do it sometime. What kind of fish do you catch with corn? Just crappie & other panfish?

Bran <><

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
CARP! Open a can of kernel corn, dump about half of it where you'll be fishing. Thread a few kernels on your hook and put your line where you dumped the corn and hang on to your pole, do not take your eyes off of it! When the carp finds your baited hook, he does not nibble, he takes it and runs.....Happy hunting :laughing9:..........NGE

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nowgittineverything said:
CARP! Open a can of kernel corn, dump about half of it where you'll be fishing. Thread a few kernels on your hook and put your line where you dumped the corn and hang on to your pole, do not take your eyes off of it! When the carp finds your baited hook, he does not nibble, he takes it and runs.....Happy hunting :laughing9:..........NGE

Nice! Thanks for the advice... :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I live in Virginia now. Lots of folks use corn for the trout that the state stocks in lakes here. It looks like the pellets that they feed them at the hatchery.

DM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread