Cobra snake on my balcony

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Seahunter Mark II,Fisher Goldbug 2
Hello everyone. This morning had a exiting start i want to shear with you. I open the door and there it was just a meter a way,
a big cobra snake. It turn around and escaped under my house under some building materials. So i call a local snake catcher, and he came and took care of it,and put it back in the jungle. This is the second time i have cobra on my balcony in two year.

Good luck Normann

Attachments

• ScreenShot098.jpg
    ScreenShot098.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 721
  • ScreenShot095.jpg
    ScreenShot095.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 747
M

MiniMe

allen said:
IM sorry but I wouldve put that cobra
out in the jungle alright, but it would
have been in about 2500 pieces !!

I'm with you on that Allen....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is one nice snake. It is not the king cobra is it? One toxic dude right there. Nice catch.
Thanks for sharing

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
their looking for rats (food) rats hang out by the huts looking for food scraps and the snakes come looking for them -- nice snake in the jungle -- bad snake near the house --you diffently do not want to bump into him and get bit by accident . --the golden cobras are very nasty and agressive-- the green kraits --or ten steppers as they call em -- get bit you'll go about 10 steps before you start convulsing and die a short bit later. thailands got some bad snakes be careful -- if you eat out on the patio --beware the food scraps are drawing mice which then draws snakes as they follow their scent trail to your door.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Oh wow! Thanks for sharing that. I respect our venomous snakes and give them space, but thanks goodness I won't ever run into that guy. He's beautiful, wayyyyyy over there.

naturegirl

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
:o I would've needed to change my undies. :o

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the local snake catcher is on vacation, a .410 shotgun is a good alternative. And I thought we had it bad with the bears that are wandering around town. Stay safe, hoss!

OP
OP
Normann

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
ivan salis said:
their looking for rats (food) rats hang out by the huts looking for food scraps and the snakes come looking for them -- nice snake in the jungle -- bad snake near the house --you diffently do not want to bump into him and get bit by accident . --the golden cobras are very nasty and agressive-- the green kraits --or ten steppers as they call em -- get bit you'll go about 10 steps before you start convulsing and die a short bit later. thailands got some bad snakes be careful -- if you eat out on the patio --beware the food scraps are drawing mice which then draws snakes as they follow their scent trail to your door.
Hello Ivan, yes you are right about this. I have two dogs i use to give food on my balcony and i have seen rats around the house, and i have a small sump near. Thank you Ivan

OP
OP
Normann

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
allen said:
IM sorry but I wouldve put that cobra
out in the jungle alright, but it would
have been in about 2500 pieces !!
Hi allen, i like to see animals alive not dead. And if i tryed to cut it in 2500 pieces it could bite !. Its better to leave it alone
and give it space and call for help if it is in or near your house.

Good luck Normann

OP
OP
Normann

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
TnMountains said:
Man that is one nice snake. It is not the king cobra is it? One toxic dude right there. Nice catch.
Thanks for sharing
Hello TnMountains, No its not a King Cobra. But i think it was to,so i told the snake rescuer it was. This one was wery fat and wery well feeded. Have eaten a lots of rats i think.

Good luck Normann

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
oh the cure is simple --- just remove the easy rat food source * (like the dogfood scraps on the porch ) and then the rats will go else where to eat --or kill off the rats (via rat posion) -- since no rats = no snake food -- the snakes are only there because their "food" source is plentiful there -- make the rats scarce and the snakes will move on to a better feeding area. --- rule #1 -- don't allow a unwelcome guest to eat anything and sooner or later they will get the hint and leave (starve em out)-- works with unwanted human guest / or other pest as well .

OP
OP
Normann

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
4-H said:
Gawd! So, tell me. What do you find detecting out there?
Hello Gawd, i live on the island Koh Samui. The island have tropical rainforest with beaches all around. So i do most of my
hunting on the beach, dry sand and in water. The photo is from the beach were i have my house, check out the break in the sand.

Good Luck Normann

Attachments

• ScreenShot036.jpg
    ScreenShot036.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 379

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walk 47 miles of barbed wire,
I use a cobra-snake for a necktie,
I got a brand new house on the roadside,
Made from rattlesnake hide,
I got a brand new chimney made on top,
Made out of a human skull,
Now come on take a walk with me, Arlene,
And tell me, who do you love?
Carl
Thanks to Bo

T

trish76642

narragansett said:
I guess the Garder snake I saw in my grass the other day was not that mean.

:D He wouldnt have to bite me, i'd fell over dead right there....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions