The Western Basin Weekend

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Doing a little perch fishing on Lake Erie...caught 30 perch off Starve Island (the blurry pic, chalk it up to 25mph winds.) Or not
Oh and the Johnsons Island pics are for jonnyreb :hello: Thanks for sharing your family ties to this space.

Then we ran into these boys while fueling. First time I've ever seen Federal Agents on the lake. I bet that boat can MOVE!

Attachments

• DSCF0080.JPG
    DSCF0080.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCF0092.JPG
    DSCF0092.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCF0101.JPG
    DSCF0101.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCF0083.JPG
    DSCF0083.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF0082.JPG
    DSCF0082.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 246

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's ALOT of overkill, imo...
You don't even see that much HP on powerboats down here in FL that are twice that size!!
Interesting that it's a Homeland Security boat... never seen one of those before.

Bran <><

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
godisnum1 said:
You don't even see that much HP on powerboats down here in FL that are twice that size!!
Interesting that it's a Homeland Security boat... never seen one of those before.

Bran <><

Bran,
I've never seen one before and I've been boating on Lake Erie waters for 15 years. Oh sure I've seen DNR, Coast Guard but NEVER Homeland Security. I remember one of the dive shops being paid a visit by Feds asking to go thru their customer files/purchases looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><

now come on you see all the hardware they are wearing :wink:

just imagine what is in the boat :wink:

the motors are needed to get one of them up high in the observation seat parasailing with all that hardware

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Gotta keep a close eye on those Canadians..I mean they did give us Celine Dion!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is interesting, Vibes... guess we'll all have to keep our eyes open.

Bran <><

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
4-H said:
ooooh, Lake Erie-------Caught a few hog walleyes on that lake! Does the erie deerie sound famillar?

Oh yes, it not only sounds familiar but it's always fun to try and figure out which color they'll be biting on-- on any given day.

They are fun to catch, don't cha think???

Ohhh...and I think that's the reason Homeland Security/Border Patrol is hanging around--to enforce the new rules as many head to the cooler, deeper Canadian waters to chase the 'eyes.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
vibes said:
4-H said:
ooooh, Lake Erie-------Caught a few hog walleyes on that lake! Does the erie deerie sound famillar?

Oh yes, it not only sounds familiar but it's always fun to try and figure out which color they'll be biting on-- on any given day.

They are fun to catch, don't cha think???

Ohhh...and I think that's the reason Homeland Security/Border Patrol is hanging around--to enforce the new rules as many head to the cooler, deeper Canadian waters to chase the 'eyes.

yeah I am sure they were just on a fishing trip themselves lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread