• lightning.jpg
    lightning.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 354

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy WOW... that's a mean lookin' storm!!!
Nice capture of the lightening bolt too!

Bran <><

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that's a cool pic!

T

trish76642

good picture packer! I've tried several times to get a lightning shot, but im just not fast enough!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I have heard that the best way to catch lightening is with a video camera. Just choose a "still" pic from the video and print or upload to comp.......NGE

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind comments all. Yeah, it was a hellacious storm. My son sent this photo into a local tv station and I guess they used it as a backdrop to the weather report. Hey Bigfish, the shad are still running in the Sac. We're going after work tonight down near Los Molinos.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Out here shad are disgusting as carp........NGE

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shad are disgusting here too. We either release them or smoke them but they fight like a Tarpon; lots of excitement reeling them in.
Nick, the peppers are fine. One of the plants has me confused though. It's supposed to be Anaheim Chile which are green and fairly hot. These are yellow and mild. We also grow Italian Sweets which are yellow and mild but they taste dood. The peppers off this plant don't even have a good flavor. Sweetcorn is 7-8 feet tall and silking and we have 42 tomato plants full of huge, green tomatoes (some are turning orange) Been eatin' stirfry for weeks. Gotta love it!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK....we went and got a small mess of them after work last night. Thought I'd post a pic. They are VERY boney but , if you smoke them and then can them in a pressure cooker, they are really good eating and you can eat bones and all; just like commercially canned salmon.

Attachments

• shad.jpg
    shad.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 217

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fish look great! And I love the storm oic it that were here I'd be very happy and mildly worried only a cool down today its 103!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We catch shad to use as bait for small and large mouth bass and maybe a big striped bass.
Nice lightning bolt.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do the same Tn but with smaller shad. The shad we get out of the lake are about 2 to 4 inches long and make great bait. The shad we got from the river are ocean-going shad and return to the river, much like the salmon and stripers. These shad averaged about 15 inches and weigh maybe a pound and a half. (just a guess) Now that you mention "bait" though, I wonder how well these would work cut up and used for catfish bait. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread