Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not the one portrayed on Housewives of NJ or The Sopranos, South Jersey is full of beautiful sites like the two waterways pictured.

The first one is the Rancocas Creek, the second is the Mullica River. Both were once important waterways, bringing goods to the inland areas of Burlington and old Gloucester Counties. Today, both are used mainly for recreational purposes.

Attachments

• 2009_07070003a.JPG
    2009_07070003a.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 282
  • 2009_07070008a.JPG
    2009_07070008a.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 271

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very beautiful :icon_thumleft:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Growing up in the south, I would have never associated these pics with New Jersey. That's why I like this forum, cause we see pics from folks who actually are there, not what the media or the school teachers give us. Great pics.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Growing up in the south, I would have never associated these pics with New Jersey. That's why I like this forum, cause we see pics from folks who actually are there, not what the media or the school teachers give us. Great pics.

I could not agree more. I think I heard they have the best grass or sod???? Looks like heaven. My Aunt kept a place in teneck? (red neck spelling)
cool
TnMountains

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
It is a shame more people don't know the rural new Jersey we so love. Peach blossoms in the spring, full moon high tides and fields of tomatoes too.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Yes, Sir when most folks envision the whole East Coast we only think of places like New York City.
Heck, just out of town a ways you are in the hills and woods. Now that is the real country.
Very picturesque Neil, you can be proud of your environs.

HH,
BW

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
bravowhiskey said:
Yes, Sir when most folks envision the whole East Coast we only think of places like New York City.
Heck, just out of town a ways you are in the hills and woods. Now that is the real country.
Very picturesque Neil, you can be proud of your environs.

HH,
BW

Bravo,

You will really be awestruck by these photos that follow. They are not mine, but they also represent something many people do not realize. The first is Fort Tryon Near Inwood Hill:

21821944.jpg

Located on Manhattan Island, about 6 miles north of Midtown, it was the sight of one of the conflicts of the American Revolution. It has amazing views of Downtown as well as the amazing view (shown) of New Jersey across the Hudson River.

The next photo is of Inwood Hill, one mile north of the fort. It is at the northern tip of Manhattan Island. It has nothing you would expect to find in NYC; caves that housed Indians and walls of granite. As late as the early 20th century, native American Indians lived on the hill. Many of them moved into high rise apartment buildings, and a few of them operated Indian souvenir shops in the park.

Blocks-manhattan-schist-Inwood-hill-park.JPG

I have not had the pleasure of visiting these parks, but I am planning a visit in the fall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread