• pinebeetle.JPG
    pinebeetle.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 261

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful terrain. Too bad about the insect damage. We have a similar problem developing up my way. Asian Longhorned Beetles, brought in on pallets from China, are in neighboring states. A little info:

"Trees favored by the Asian Longhorned Beetle are predominantly maples, but infestations have also been discovered in horsechestnuts, poplars, willows, elms, mulberries and black locusts. Currently, there is no known chemical or biological defense against the Asian Longhorned Beetle and, in North America, they have few natural predators. In all cases of infestation, the affected trees are cut down and the wood destroyed." http://www.asian-longhorned-beetle.com/

:( >:(

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Rginn

What is that swirl in the water in the middle of the picture. Remenents of the lock ness monster???? ;D

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see that swirl when I shot. It's probably another fish I didn't catch taunting me.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful picture!

South Dakota has been plagued with pine bark beetles, too.

The only good thing about it is that we are building our house out of some dead trees for a smaller price. The state is selling contracts on the dead trees (seasoned on the stump), and using the money for eradication and replantings.

B

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN, I wonder why the Forestry Dept. doesn't go into those places with that kind of problem and do controlled burns? Would that help any, do you think?
There are so many forms of invasive bugs, grasses, ect., starting to really wreck havoc on our beautiful country!
Its still a very awesome picture :notworthy:!!
Looks like Fall, which I am ready for here in Oklahoma :thumbsup:!!!
regards~sandcreek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread