Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Why I haven't been metal detecting.

X-ellent job!! I was going to ask about what type of sealer you used, but that already come up. It looks like in the pics you ran a straight joint across on the deck planks. Is it ok to do that, or should you alternate the joints? Don't let the neighbors or the tax assessor see your backyard! Good work.

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

badweatherjohn said:
Just too outstanding for words...you and your family did a great job

Thanks you badweatherjohn for the nice comment.

RGINN said:
X-ellent job!! I was going to ask about what type of sealer you used, but that already come up. It looks like in the pics you ran a straight joint across on the deck planks. Is it ok to do that, or should you alternate the joints? Don't let the neighbors or the tax assessor see your backyard! Good work.

Thank you RGINN for the comments. I will be sealing it and the fence with CWF once the boards dry out or "season" some. I didn't want to have a straight joint on the planks, but it worked out that the deck in that area is 28'x32' and I was able to buy through our hardware store the 14' Yellawood boards cheaper per board foot than any other length....so I just built a 2"x6" header board where that straight line joint is. I didn't have to cut the boards any, just screwed them down. Now going around the pool was a totally different story. :D Our neighbors are good friends, so they are cool, the tax assessors on the other hand... ::) .

BTW RGINN, I haven't commented any of your pictures, but I would like to say that I really enjoy them. My wife was born in Leadville, CO so we try to get up that way every couple of years or so....beautiful country up there. :thumbsup:

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000

Very nice. You'll enjoy it more since you did it yourself. :icon_thumleft:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Excellent work,nothing like saving money on labor and enjoying something you built together.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:,
Nova Treasure

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the info, 72Cheyenne. Yeah, after all those cuts around the pool, I think I would have took advantage of running a straight joint across the deck too. That's cool the missus was born in Leadville. Look me up some time when y'all are up here. I like that Chevy pick-up, too, as we had one similar many years ago. You know the gas tank is behind the seat, so I dropped a golf ball in there. Every time it got below a half a tank that golf ball would bang around and aggravate the crap out of my dad. He never did figure out what it was for sure.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Outstanding Cheyenne! I would be staring at it too! Mostly, I would be out there with a frosty beverage and pretending to be on vacation every weekend!! ;D

Just beautiful!! :notworthy:

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
72cheyenne

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ronzie said:
Very nice. You'll enjoy it more since you did it yourself. :icon_thumleft:

Thank you Ronzie. :icon_thumleft: We do really enjoy it, and I don't think we would have the same feeling about it if we had hired it done.

nova treasure said:
Excellent work,nothing like saving money on labor and enjoying something you built together.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:,
Nova Treasure

Thanks Nova. :icon_thumright: You are definately right on money saving. If I wasn't able to get the materials at cost, and had to hire the labor done, we wouldn't have been able to afford it...no way.

RGINN said:
Thanks for the info, 72Cheyenne. Yeah, after all those cuts around the pool, I think I would have took advantage of running a straight joint across the deck too. That's cool the missus was born in Leadville. Look me up some time when y'all are up here. I like that Chevy pick-up, too, as we had one similar many years ago. You know the gas tank is behind the seat, so I dropped a golf ball in there. Every time it got below a half a tank that golf ball would bang around and aggravate the crap out of my dad. He never did figure out what it was for sure.

I will definately holler when we head that direction again. And the golf ball in the gas tank story is hilarious. :laughing7: Having to listen to the gas slosh around is bad enough, but a golf ball banging around in there would be enough to drive you nuts. :tongue3:

Moonshadow said:
Outstanding Cheyenne! I would be staring at it too! Mostly, I would be out there with a frosty beverage and pretending to be on vacation every weekend!! ;D

Just beautiful!! :notworthy:

HH,
Moon

Thank you for the comments, Moonshadow. Its a vacation everyday after work!

silvercop said:
now thats a nice backyard :icon_thumright:

Thanks silvercop, I really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You, my friend are gifted. Great job! I realize the work (and Money) it takes to create something like this. We built something similar last year. kudos,mike

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Ohmygosh !

THAT was a lot of work!

I'll bet the kids are gonna love it, too!

What fun !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread