Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were the flowers Vervain? Nice, clear, crisp shot!
regards~~sandcreek

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
sandcreek4 said:
Were the flowers Vervain? Nice, clear, crisp shot!
regards~~sandcreek
Thanks Sandcreek. Not sure what the flowers are. Its a wildlife nature center and they have lots of wildflowers there.I just shoot pictures of anything that stands out to me and I liked the color of them and the Bee happened to be there also
Van

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
That is one beautiful picture! Extremely clear! You must have a steady hand and a very good eye :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
pganjon said:
That is one beautiful picture! Extremely clear! You must have a steady hand and a very good eye :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for the kind comments pganjon. The camera is a Canon Rebel XTI and has image stabalizer on it to help with movement. It was also shot at a fast shutter speed of about 1/320 of a second.I used a large lens opening and that blurs the back ground and lets just the subject be in focus. Fun to play around with and try different settings on cameras.
Van

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VanGone,
What type of camera and lens were used. You are getting beautiful depth of field and the bokeh is very smooth. Great shot!!!

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
proo33 said:
VanGone,
What type of camera and lens were used. You are getting beautiful depth of field and the bokeh is very smooth. Great shot!!!
Thanks proo33. The camera is a Canon Rebel XTI,and the lens is a canon zoom EF 70/300 mm with Image stabilizer on it.
1:4-5.6 USM. I use it a lot on pictures of this sort. It does a good job with the Bokeh(background) in making a soft blur. Im not sure on what it was shot at,but I shoot in AV and Tv alot,and when I use the TV mode I use fairly fast shutter speeds to help with the depth of field forcing the camera to use a large lens opening. Bet that's more then some on here care to know :icon_sunny: Its fun to mess around with and try different things and see what one gets. Mother Nature does a great job providing a subject.
Van

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing a 'great job' with that camera Van.

Fossis..................

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
fossis said:
You're doing a 'great job' with that camera Van.

Fossis..................
Thank you Fossis,its appreciated.
Van

Thanks silvercop.
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread