OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Re: In Coming

nature girl said:
Sometimes around Oct. 10 every year, they spend a few nights around my place. We have a stand of trees that give them the right kind of shelter. Here's a fun website to keep an eye on. It will start reporting the migration progress in a couple of weeks.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/monarch/News.html

Nature Girl
Very cool web site.I put it on my favorite list and will watch it. Every year about this time the Nature center where I like to go to take pictures has a class on them and then they let the kids catch them and put a tiny little marker on there wing and then release them. The little markers are numbered and the information on release date etc is put in a national data base. I don't know if they have much success tracking them this way,but its a fun event to watch.Thanks for posting the web site.
Van

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The female is the one stopping to ask for directions. Most excellent photos, VanGone. I am envious!

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
RGINN said:
The female is the one stopping to ask for directions. Most excellent photos, VanGone. I am envious!
Thanks RGINN,you shoot excellent shot .
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

packerbacker said:
Van, enter that pic in the fair.........I'm serious, it's a GREAT pic, one of your best I think.
Thanks packer backer,there a colorful subject for sure.Never considered entering my stuff in any contest,might be fun,
Van

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard the mighty Monarch was in danger with its mating spot in Mexico? Anyone heard this?

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

TnMountains said:
Heard the mighty Monarch was in danger with its mating spot in Mexico? Anyone heard this?
Ive heard that they are logging off areas where the go to.
Van

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Daddy Longlegs is the most posionous spider on the earth. Fortunately it can't open it's fangs wide enough to bite a human being. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread