NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty bird, nice shot. Are they a timid bird? How far away were ya for the pic? Almost looks likes it is saying " What're you lookin' at?"..........NGE

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hi NGE! I'm sorry I should have said Scissortail sculpture instead of scissortail bronze. It's a bronze sculpture of a scissortail. And they are really aren't very timid, it's easy to get good photos of them. What's even better is they are expanding their range eastward, so maybe more people will get to see this amazing bird.

naturegirl

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My state bird! That's too good, ng!! You should figure out how to make it so there's two in flight above a barbed wire fence. You've seen them do that dance, so you know what I mean. Cool, kid, great job! (And the state bird of Texas is the fly)

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Too funny, does Texas know it's the fly? Hmm, scissortails eat flys don't they? Must be about time for football. I did do a frog with longhorns on it, as to educate Texans about the difference between "horned frogs" and "horned toads". The little hornytoad has been my best seller, and I think the "horned frog" is going to do well too. I am working on an abstract sculpture of two scissortails doing the sky -dance. I love it in t he spring, when you hear that chortle sound and look up, they'll be dancing! most elegant bird around. The original edition of this bird has it sitting on a barbedwire fence, made of copper, and an old wooden fence post(bronze). The Pawhuska Chamber of commerce wanted just two birds sitting on a rock, so that's what they got.

naturegirl

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is beautiful, Naturegirl! It looks so lifelike!!! We'll have to go by and see it this week when we're in town.
regards~~sandcreek

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thank you Ron and Sandcreek. Look fast, the first time we put them out in May, one was stolen, right there in view of the Police depart. So we replaced the stolen one and secured them better this time. I hope.

ng

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
i saw that pic and said its pretty,
but it doesnt look real ! lol

Because it isn't.

Beautiful sculpture. :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and you must promise to post a pic of that sky dancing sculpture when you get it done. A long time ago I did some paintings that I sold to a guy who put them on T-shirts for tourists, and I painted some denim jackets for some folks. One day I saw a lady wearing a denim coat with an exact copy of one of my designs on it. (A very poor copy, but recognizable) I wasn't mad, but flattered as all get out. I didn't say anything to her. In your case, they stole the whole work, so that's aggravating, but kinda cool in a way. Keep after it ng and keep up the good work!

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks guys, and thanks for the ecouragement Rginn. I appreciate it.

ng

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread