bluestem sunset2.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 215
  • bluestem sunset3.JPG
    bluestem sunset3.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 209

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Oh, pretty, especially that last one. Looks like home to me! I've been watching the Big Bluestem coming on, and it occured to me this weekend, it makes me look forward to fall and winter just so I can enjoy all the amazing shades of gold, mauve, amber, ect that the prairies go through. AND I was hoping we would be seeing some Bluestem pictures from up your way. Great!

ng

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Oh, pretty, especially that last one. Looks like home to me! I've been watching the Big Bluestem coming on, and it occured to me this weekend, it makes me look forward to fall and winter just so I can enjoy all the amazing shades of gold, mauve, amber, ect that the prairies go through. AND I was hoping we would be seeing some Bluestem pictures from up your way. Great!

ng
Did you ever read the book by Annick Smith called "Big Bluestem---Journey Into The Tall Grass"? It has some amazing photography by Harvey Payne of The Tallgrass Prairie. I think its out of print now but you could probably find it on eBay.
Thanks for the comments, naturegirl!
regards~~sandcreek

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey sc, Nice pics... As you already know i'm a fan of the great sunsets one can experience up on the tallgrass. Did your nature photographer get a new camera?

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buckshot said:
Hey sc, Nice pics... As you already know i'm a fan of the great sunsets one can experience up on the tallgrass. Did your nature photographer get a new camera?
Yep, Josie got a new camera! Its a 15 mega-pixel Canon Rebel. Now she wants a big zoom lens :help:! And those things aren't cheap--I guess I'd better get to selling stuff on ebay ;D
Glad you liked the pictures, buckshot!
kind regards,
sandcreek

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeeee-haaaaw, y'all finally broke down and bought that camera!! Great! And great pics, too. Tell her to read the instruction book carefully, go down to the bookstore and buy some books on it, read them, then ignore all that and just shoot like she has been doin. We'll all remember we saw that kid here first on T-Net someday, Sandcreek.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Yeeee-haaaaw, y'all finally broke down and bought that camera!! Great! And great pics, too. Tell her to read the instruction book carefully, go down to the bookstore and buy some books on it, read them, then ignore all that and just shoot like she has been doin. We'll all remember we saw that kid here first on T-Net someday, Sandcreek.
Thanks, RGINN! She's been reading the instruction booklet, but she said it was easier just to play with all the different settings and see what they do. About the first part of November, we'll be gathering and working the buffalo here on the Tallgrass and she can't wait to take pictures of that! Hopefully she'll get some good pics. of the bison in the squeeze chute to show everyone.
She just loves to put her pics on here!!
kind regards,
sandcreek

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEinWV said:
Great pics!
Thanks MEinWV! Glad you enjoyed these pictures!
kind regards,
sandcreek

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC waiting patiently well maybe not for the FALL pics she will be taking the deer the buffalo and the Tall grass pics fall and spring are the most beautiful times of the year all over, I all keeping my finger crossed some Sunday Jeff and I will drive East a bit to see all this in person.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
wtg on those wonderful pics ! :thumbsup:
Thanks for all your kind comments on my daughters' pictures, allen. :icon_sunny:
regards,
sandcreek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread