cellar holes everywhere!

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
i came across these yesterday.i know a little history of the area...and if this is what i think it is...ohboy!ohboy!ohboy!the area is absolute serenity.seriously the most peaceful place i have ever been.found the spot i want my house to.this is a very vast area so i will be posting more pics the next time i go. there are roads,property walls,lottsa foundations complete with wells. alot of minerels in the rocks up there. not many signals.mostley blobs of what i think were metal.only hunted about a half hour.brought my dad up so he could see this wonderful place. oh by the way... i think its the main colony for deerflys!!!!even if you run and swat....there on you!!!! i think they like the bug spray.

Attachments

• cellar holes 001.JPG
    cellar holes 001.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 308
  • cellar holes 003.JPG
    cellar holes 003.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 319
  • cellar holes 005.JPG
    cellar holes 005.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 314
  • cellar holes 008.JPG
    cellar holes 008.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 321
  • cellar holes 007.JPG
    cellar holes 007.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 314

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a nice site to hunt. Too bad about those Deerflys they are relentless

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think ya hit the jackpot, I played as a kid around old foundations in new england , they are loaded with cool digs . Keep us posted.

OP
OP
S

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
johnnycat said:
Very nice. Reminds me of some of the places I used to hit in California.
my area had alot of activity in the early 1700s.(upstate n.y)and mid 1700s. this is where the turning point of the revolutionary war took place.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Gotta love those cellar holes! IMHO, I wouldn't spend much of your valuable time inside the holes because of the massive overburden from probable collapse. I would scan the walls of the cellar though.

Be careful of the old wells! Watch your step and "Good luck"!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I'm jelous need any help .....lol just kiddin .............looks like a beautiful place

OP
OP
S

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
MEinWV said:
Gotta love those cellar holes! IMHO, I wouldn't spend much of your valuable time inside the holes because of the massive overburden from probable collapse. I would scan the walls of the cellar though.

Be careful of the old wells! Watch your step and "Good luck"!
yeah i didnt search in the holes to much.the pic was just for show.definnately scanning the walls. signals out there are very few.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! That looks like a fantastic spot to go hunt and on top of that a beautiful spot to just walk and take pics! Keep going and hve a fantastic time but be very careful! :icon_sunny:

AND I HATE DEERFLYS!!! :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread