A Back Yard Surprise

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
A couple of days ago, Karen glanced out the living room window and saw this deer standing about 12 feet from the
house. It appeared to be looking in at her. My camera was right there handy so she got some pics. While she was
watching it, I pulled in the driveway and came in the side door just barely out of sight of the deer. She heard
me close the door and turned to look then bolted for the woods. We often see them in the yard, but never saw one
come that close to the house and stand there and pose for a pic. Sometimes, too they run across the road and
run a few feet of the house on their way to the woods in back but are moving too fast to get any pictures.

Here are three of the pics she took.

Enjoy,

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 383

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really good, Ray. Put some corn out there and you'll have lots more. We've started feeding the deer outside our yard fence and have 10-15 coming in every evening. Three of them are beautiful bucks!
kind regards,
sandcreek

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
It's so cool when they come up close like that. Your heart just skips a beat. We feed the deer also, they are starting to show up right after dark now, they will get braver as the weather gets colder. One fall we watched a young one, still with spots, came bursting through the brush headed for the feeder, Mom stamped her foot a few times, and Jr. stopped, then walked cautiously to the corn. Haven't had one come that close to the house though.

naturegirl

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Healthy lookin deer. Wish it was in our back yard.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, Sandcreek4 Yup they love that corn. And we have been having a lot of corn-on-the-cob ( it is so
good)lately and I've been throwing the husks out there just into the woods a bit. By the tracks there
have been some deer chewing on them but most of them is eatten by the smaller critters. Those bucks
of yours would be fun to watch. Those bucks can get your blood circulating pretty good. LOL
Thanks for your reply,

Ray

Greetings, Sansz, Yes they are. I would rather watch them now and shoot them with a camera that
shoot them with a gun. I guess I must have had enough of that when I was younger. It's been a few
years now since I have been out hunting.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ray

Thanks Country Girl, for your response and the good wishes. I told Karen that you said congrats on
her pics of the deer and she said thank you

Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, Naturegirl, it is always more fun when they come up close enough to the house to be
able to see them clearly from inside. Like you mentioned about the doe and fawn, it always
amazes me at how well the mothers of wildlife can communicate certain signals from her to
remind them about their safety and the young understand and act accordingly.

Thanks for the interesting reply.

Ray

Hi there extractor, yeah, I'll bet. And, also, I hope she comes back soon to our yard.

Thanks for your comments,

Ray

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pics :icon_thumleft: I agree throw out some corn or even a few apples there both like deer crack , they cant get enough of either

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Tank, I throw day-old bread out there. That works too. But you guys are right, they do go for
the corn and apples.

Ray

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
she was most like checking out the tomato plant I see in the photo --they like most flowers too --- like candy sweets to em.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
ivan salis, she might have been. We have other tomato plants here and nothing has bothered them. Just
out of sight to the left is a large Hibiscus plant loaded with the dinner-plate flowers and it looked
like she might have nibbled on a couple before Karen spotted her. Thanks for the reply

Thanks, 4-h, we really enjoy seeing them, too. This one was especially fun, being so close to
the window.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions