salidac.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 265
  • salidad.JPG
    salidad.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 264

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
No way is the Arkansas that clear! Never! Salida? One of our artists just camped up there before the Loveland Sculpture show. And that's cholla cactus, just had a fifty year old one die in my yard, I'll miss the blooms, but now I have tons of skeletons. And those moon pictures are neat, you just have to have a good zoom for them. I've taken many, but they are dissapointing. Thanks for the pics.

naturegirl

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, ng, the Arkansas is that clear until you get into farming country. You were right on the cholla ID. If you ever had to work cattle, you know that besides mesquite thorns this is why God gave us chaps. I had to use a pair of pliers to pull cholla needles out years ago. I'll get a better moon picture tonight, if it don't snow.

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Beautiful pictures RGINN :icon_thumleft: The first one, I feel like I could just jump right through the screen into the water! What a wonderful place to camp. You still have to have a pretty steady hand to get that cactus as sharp as you did :notworthy: Excellent moon shots too! Thanks :coffee2: Paul

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Man, that would be fun out canoeing on the rivers like that with all that beautiful
scenery to see at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

Ray

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been there and took the drive that runs along the Arkansas River through the canyons a few times. I also live about half a mile from the Arkansas River in Oklahoma. It ain't the same animal! Here it's half a mile wide and mostly sandbars. There are parts of it up in Kansas that I have seen running just a trickle. All the water in between is sucked up for agriculture irrigating. Really awsome comparison. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread