• phptbBxriPM.jpg
    phptbBxriPM.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 466
  • DSC04550_1.jpg
    DSC04550_1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 459

Cherokee kid

Aug 7, 2009
Holy smokes that is CRAZY! You found this in Virginia? So is this the start of the strange critters we have to look forward to? Yikes. Cool picture!

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Montana Jim said:
Pselliopus cinctus nymph

Right on Jim, I googled the scientific name, good call. They're also known as assassin bugs. It was chomping on the other bug towards the end of the leaf.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Cherokee kid said:
Holy smokes that is CRAZY! You found this in Virginia? So is this the start of the strange critters we have to look forward to? Yikes. Cool picture!

Yep Va., spotted it in the front yard. If I see any more weird bugs or critters I'll post em if I have my camera handy.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta admit he is colorful an kinda cool lookin

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Yeap, I've seen plenty of these in Bama. Sometimes there will be hundreds on a single plant.
Cool bug.

Randy

Cherokee kid

Aug 7, 2009
thirty7 said:
Cherokee kid said:

Yep Va., spotted it in the front yard. If I see any more weird bugs or critters I'll post em if I have my camera handy.

Va state line is no more than 3 hours from here. Yes please do take more pictures so i'll know what to expect!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it has a spike type feeding tube -- which it drives thru the other bugs shell-- it then injects a fiuild that liqufues the insides much like a spider does and sucks the life juices out of other bugs -- like the way a misquito sucks blood from humans -- their bite can be painful and nasty so do not handle them.

the south american types carry diseases and feed on human blood * while you sleep

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread