U. S, COAST GUARD GUARDING THE BORDER

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
A couple days ago, Karen and I stopped at the Dairy Queen and took the treats down to the river
to watch the boats while eating them. While we were there the Coast Guard came down river with
his blue lights flashing and stopped this boat and searched it. Looked like there were two adults
and two kids in it. They then hooked a line to it and towed it up river toward the Coast Guard
Station. They evidently found drugs or something illegal. It took place right in front of us
so I got a pic of it. That is Sarnia, Ontario across the river.

To everybody reading this, have a great holiday

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 348
OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Jim, They sure do. Because of them being out on the water a lot of people don't realize how vigilant they are.

Canadian trout, I believe that the boat that they were checking out was American because it looked like a
Michigan registration # on the bow.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
bbqbull thanks for the compliment and for replying.

allen, yes they do. They are right on their toes keeping watch and doing a good job. They are in
the news every so often about finding drugs or other illegal stuff being smuggled into the country.

4-h you betcha, and Bass, too. Saturday night we were parked in the same spot and the bass were
jumping right out of the water. We were there about 45 minutes and we must have seen 15 or 20 jumping
out of the water. I have never seen them so active along there before.It was fun watching and wondering
just where the next one would jump. Most of them were small, but there were some that would have been
real keepers. That river is always such a beautiful blue all the time and it is always a pleasure to
look at it. That is a favorite pastime of a lot of people in this area.

Thanks for your reply

Ray

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread