Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Whitetail Doe & Baby

RPG said:
Nice pics. Another month and that baby will be venison. :wink:
RPG--yes, they better learn how to hide before bow/black powder season starts next month! That doe wasn't very spooky--I guess nobody's been shooting at her lately ;D. She was right next to the county road we were driving on.
Thanks for the comments!
regards,
sandcreek

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Regardless of taste, those are some fantastic pics! Nice of them to stop and pose for your daughter. :)

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Yup, I agree with jim. They are standing there so nice like they figure they are supposed to. Great pics.
She is really getting some good photographic experience with a great collections of pics.

Thanks for sharing

Ray

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montana Jim said:
Regardless of taste, those are some fantastic pics! Nice of them to stop and pose for your daughter. :)
Thanks Jim! We just ordered her a new zoom lens, so she's looking forward to getting that to bring the pics in even closer.
regards,
sandcreek
karenray08 said:
Yup, I agree with jim. They are standing there so nice like they figure they are supposed to. Great pics.
She is really getting some good photographic experience with a great collections of pics.

Thanks for sharing

Ray
Ray, we are really blessed with a great place to live where we see wildlife on a regular basis. So, she does have a very large collection of pictures and adding to it every day.
We're glad you and Jim enjoyed the pics.!!!
kind regards,
sandcreek

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ohhhh Sandcreek
On the way to the farm right now. Thought maybe an early start and back home during all this rain. The fawn looks good and will hopefully seperate quick from the Mom. I have them here still being born. I cant shoot any when they still have milk. My rules,lol. Look at the post I did hear and what i found and put on the porch of cabin. Sorry on port lap top hard tp type !!!! Tell your girls nice uns and good pics
Regards
TnMountain

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

karenray08 said:

Thanks for sharing

Ray
Lets hope they don't stand and pose for another type of lense :(

Great pictures.

SS.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

Really nice J. I just love fall, I'm not a hunter, but I know many. And thier hearts are starting to pump just a little faster as the temp drops each day. :wink: Seems it isn't only the bucks affected by the rut. I can smell the smokers going now.

naturegirl

(ok, my apologies to non-hunters, I know how callous that sounds since we are admiring a baby and it's mom, but the herd is healthy and plentiful in this part of OKla., and hunting keeps it so.)

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TnMountains said:
Ohhhh Sandcreek
On the way to the farm right now. Thought maybe an early start and back home during all this rain. The fawn looks good and will hopefully seperate quick from the Mom. I have them here still being born. I cant shoot any when they still have milk. My rules,lol. Look at the post I did hear and what i found and put on the porch of cabin. Sorry on port lap top hard tp type !!!! Tell your girls nice uns and good pics
Regards
TnMountain
You know one year (when we were feeding the deer by our house),it was after hunting season, and we still had does with fawns nursing. Some years I think they're breeding season gets messed up. The fawn in this pic. still had some of its spots but some of the others we've seen have already lost them. I think we're getting to many does and not enough bucks. Seems like 20:1 ratio of does to bucks.
Thanks for the commnets TnMountains!
kind regards,
sandcreek
Silver Searcher said:
karenray08 said:

Thanks for sharing

Ray
Lets hope they don't stand and pose for another type of lense :(

Great pictures.

SS.
I'm sure when hunting season comes around those things will be in hiding. Seems like they always know when to run and hide.
Thanks Silver Searcher!
kind regards,
sandcreek
naturegirl said:
Really nice J. I just love fall, I'm not a hunter, but I know many. And thier hearts are starting to pump just a little faster as the temp drops each day. :wink: Seems it isn't only the bucks affected by the rut. I can smell the smokers going now.

naturegirl

(ok, my apologies to non-hunters, I know how callous that sounds since we are admiring a baby and it's mom, but the herd is healthy and plentiful in this part of OKla., and hunting keeps it so.)
We've noticed with this cooler weather, the deer are really moving around. We usually ride around in the evenings out here on the prairie and are seeing lots of them. I've even noticed a buck chasing a doe the other day. We've been putting out corn by our house and everyday it seems the deer come in a little earlier to feed. Just not early enough for Josie to get good pics ::). She's got a new telephoto lens coming and can't wait to start taking pictures with it!
(She's also ready for hunting season too, NG, and that yummy venison!)
regards,
sandcreek
CarolinaDigs said:
Fantastic pictures :) of such beautiful animals !!
Thanks CarolinaDigs! We're glad you enjoyed these pictures! :hello:
kind regards,
sandcreek

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excavator said:
CarolinaDigs said:

Took the words right out of my keyboard!

Nice pics!

I totally agree...my favorite is the 2nd shot.

:wink: RR

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I don't know how old your daughter is but from all the pics of hers that you post that girl has some real talent and a great eye for photo ops. Keep 'em coming :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excavator said:
CarolinaDigs said:

Nice pics!
River Rat said:
Excavator said:
CarolinaDigs said:

Nice pics!

I totally agree...my favorite is the 2nd shot.

:wink: RR
Thanks Excavator and River Rat!

kind regards~~~sandcreek
savant365 said:
I don't know how old your daughter is but from all the pics of hers that you post that girl has some real talent and a great eye for photo ops. Keep 'em coming :thumbsup:

HH Charlie
Charlie--my daughter is 14 and has been taking pictures for about three years now. She has hundreds saved on our computer. We are surrounded by prairie and wildlife where we live and she has countless opportunities to take pictures. We never go anywhere without the camera. Its a good hobby for her and she even sells a few pictures, which pays for more ink and paper ;D. And since I homeschool the kids, when we go to the woods and they see bugs, flowers, grasses, birds, ect,, (that we can't identify on sight) it gives us the chance to come in and do research together and we make it a part of our "science" class.
Thanks so much for your kind comments! And glad you're enjoying my daughters photos!
kind regards,
sandcreek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread