DSC02819 (Small).JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 381

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Yuck! and Wow! Those things can be very hurtful! Glad he saw it before he snuggled with it. My dau and family live in Phoenix. She and g-dau and other extended family members have been stung. And they can make themselves into the most secure home. I just know they're nasty and can make one very unhappy for 2-3 days.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, man! I did some work for the state of Oklahoma down in Quartz Mt. State Park on winter and they put me up in one of their cabins for the winter. You couldn't leave any of your clothes touching the floor. As soon as you came in and took your boots off, here one of those rascals would come. One finally got me about 4 times when he wound up in the towel I used comin out of the shower. I hate wasps worse though.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
not the gold detector type machine -- I see -- they will not eat bread as they are meat eaters --the bread however would draw bugs and he would happily eat em--- keeps the place bug free I bet , just gotta keep a eye on em. --- I had a pet tarantula in texas as a kid -- had a string on one of his legs attached to a heavy fishing weight to make him stay put --he "lived" at night by the fruit bowl but by day he lived in a empty fish tank -- made up desert style with a few rocks for cover --- he was murder on the bugs that tried to get to the fruit , really he was.

OP
OP
extractor

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excavator said:
Did the scorpion ever eat that piece of bread?
It stung it a bunch of times.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get you a UV black light an go out they glow real cool an their very easy to spot .thats how they catch em to sell in pet stores .

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o reminds me of the time on maneuvers to Nevada, we were told not to leave anything wearable on the ground and before putting your boots on, make sure you shook them out good. Scorpions all over that place.

:wink: RR

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
There is nothing wrong with scorpions. Meet She-ra. She is a big female emperor scorpion. She lives in my bedroom. I don't know how I ever talked the old lady into letting me get this scorp.

The pics aren't the best. I didn't wanna disturb her to much because she is getting ready to molt.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 229

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread