Another wasted day...

C

coloradocav

Excavator said:
nowgittineverything said:
Now, if those fish had "periscope eyes" we'd all be in trouble..........NGE

Doggone Musky often like to strike right beside the boat, about the time you get bored with that particular cast, looking for the next place to toss the bait, and....sploosh! Missed another one! ::)

Maybe they think the boat is a big fish or animal and they decide to get busy, lest he goes hungry.
they do have night vision!

Attachments

• musk.jpg
    musk.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 204

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
In the great lakes when scuba diving, muskies are a dangerous beast. Most fish are not only curious about the reflection they see of themselves, in your face mask. But, they are territorial really bad, they have been known to attack that mask, causing serious damage to the diver's face behind it...........NGE

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gosh, what a fish, ColoradoCav! That is strange that the sunspot looks reflected, Excavator, but if anybody could pull that off, it would be me. If somebody took my pics and made a calendar and got rich, that would be pretty cool. I don't want their money. A mention would be nice. If y'all get up here, you will see that anybody can just step outside with a cheap camera and take way more better pics than me. A funny thing about the air here, it don't really have no smell. Which means now that when I go back down to Oklahoma, I wonder what they have done, because it stinks. I can smell pig farms, feedlots, alfalfa, wheat just cut, and dirt. (just kiddin about Oklahoma stinkin. I never noticed much smell there until I lived here for awhile.)

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
RGINN, I just flipped your first pic, man you are good, can't even tell I flipped it..........NGE

Attachments

• mountain pics.JPG
    mountain pics.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 163

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what elevation are you at?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost 10,000, Jorge.

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
That is a husky musky! I imagine they might puncture the air supply hose too. Maybe they're seeing their reflection in the scuba mask?

I notice the same about the air. If I travel the 40 miles to the farm, my sinuses clear and my ears stop ringing. Return to the valley and, yuck, diesel fumes, chemicals, noise, and dust. Also the ears start ringing in 20 min. Noise and wifi? No cell service in the country either.

Maybe that 'sunspot' or lens flare is really a sundog, so it gets reflected in the water?

Our highest peak in the state, Spruce Knob, is about 4500 ft. Still high enough to have partly sunny and 50s temps at the bottom, and a full on blizzard at the peak. The limbs on the pine trees grow only on the leeward sides of the trees there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread