• arkansasc.JPG
    arkansasc.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 311

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The scenery is lovely. :icon_thumleft:

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really cool to see where it starts, RGINN. I grew up on the Arkansas River in Cleveland, Okla., and it sure doesn't look like that down here! Its full of big sand bars and silt and very muddy!! Thanks for posting the beautiful pics!
~~sandcreek~~

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ok, I'm going to Cleveland in a minute, and I'm taking my camera. This can't be the same river. Check back here in a bit.

ng

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha-ha, it's the same river, ng. Here's a couple more a little bit further down today of some beaver ponds.

Attachments

• arkansas1.JPG
    arkansas1.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 265
  • arkansas2.JPG
    arkansas2.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 268
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha! We'll have about 12 or 13 feet of that white mold before all is said and done next spring!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Here she is as I know her. Not very picturesque, but I'm still fond of her. In a way it's kinda fun to cuss that ol' nasty red water. I enjoy the mood changes too.

ng

Attachments

• arkansasriver.jpg
    arkansasriver.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 248

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, RGINN, You sure do have some beautiful country out there. I love those scenes with the far off rugged
views but the only times I can see them in real life is when we are on vacation trips. Keep them coming. I really
enjoy seeing them. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great day,
Ray

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold, Crisp, and Beautiful I love the start of the Great river ! Here it is usually muddy and full of sand bars like Carmon said and the great pic NG posted it looks like after alot of rain and there is river over all the sand! Thanks NG for the pic and thank you RGINN its BEAUTIFUL!! :icon_sunny:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen both ends of the old Arkansas and it is astounding! I live between Cleveland and Tulsa and it is even wider and muddier down my way. It's because the Cimarron runs into it and into Keystone Reservoir before it gets here. The Cimarron comes from western Ok where red clay soil is predominant and runs red all the time. But I also am aware that several people have found ancient Indian ruins and buffalo and mastadon bones along the river. There was quite a display at the local museum last summer. Monty

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some really great pictures there, nice camera work.. :icon_thumright:

Go up to northern Minnesota and take a look at the mighty Mississippi.....

The beauty of the west is almost unbelievable at times it is so beautiful.

If I added up all my camping trips west I have probably got close to 9 months total time camping out west. I took one trip when boss told us if my roommate and I took our 2 weeks vacation, he would pay us for the rest of the time we are gone till the telephone equipment showed up to install the new central office. That trip turned out to last 6 1/2 weeks of camping, and covered Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona.....We spent one night in a hotel to watch Ali regain his title from Leon Spinks, the rest of the time we were camping in a van.

Rginn, I am sure you have probably done it too, I have made the trip down Highway 550 from Grand Junction through Silverton to Durango several times in late January and early February when you couldn't hardly see the telephone poles the snow was so deep.

I have camped on the rim of the Black Canyon of The Gunnison couple times, even climbed in it a little, but never very deep......It's a long ways down....

Colorado is absolutely breath taking west of Denver ................

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry Treasure_Hunter. I don't get over to Grand Junction in the winter. I don't handle drivin in that kind of weather. However, the 'beauty of the west'. I went to the Cowboy Hall of Fame. I saw a painting by Albert Bierstadt that took up a whole wall. I stood there and looked at that for the longest time. Security even came over to check me out. I now see what he saw, and I want all my pics to look like his paintings. Y'all go search 'Albert Bierstadt' to see what I mean. And I hope you get to see them in real life, too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
I'm sorry Treasure_Hunter. I don't get over to Grand Junction in the winter. I don't handle drivin in that kind of weather. However, the 'beauty of the west'. I went to the Cowboy Hall of Fame. I saw a painting by Albert Bierstadt that took up a whole wall. I stood there and looked at that for the longest time. Security even came over to check me out. I now see what he saw, and I want all my pics to look like his paintings. Y'all go search 'Albert Bierstadt' to see what I mean. And I hope you get to see them in real life, too.

I know who he is, I also love his paintings. I have a nice collection of antique pictures from the pages of Harpers Weekly and lesley's Weekly of early western art and western scenes and of the American Indian.

I paint, I paint wildlife and I paint a lot of landscapes myself, I love painting mountain scenes. I am a certified Bob Ross Instructor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread