Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have approx. 30+ deer coming in to feed now every evening. The pre-rut seems to be on because the bucks are "smelling" the does(not trying to be crude!) and my daughter got a good picture of our piebald buck with his nose curled up. We also took some video of some little bucks fighting--this is so funny because the spike thinks he's really tough! Its so much fun to watch these things!
Hope you enjoy the pics and youtube video.
Thanks for looking,
sandcreek

Attachments

• P1120047.JPG
    P1120047.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 562
  • P1120048.JPG
    P1120048.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 562
  • P1120019.JPG
    P1120019.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 560
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More pics~~

Attachments

• P1120014.JPG
    P1120014.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 666
  • P1120026.JPG
    P1120026.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 631
  • P1120028.JPG
    P1120028.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 775

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics, sandcreek. I notice the whitetails in the northern part of the state are always bigger than those in the southern part. I don't know if it's due to habitat or population density.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great pics Sandcreek, The Deer are coming in the prerut phases here in Kentucky as well. Starting to find Ground Scrapes and so forth.

Nova Treasure

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Great pics, sandcreek. I notice the whitetails in the northern part of the state are always bigger than those in the southern part. I don't know if it's due to habitat or population density.
RGINN--we've noticed these deer seem to be getting bigger every year and it could be because of the habitat, or the good old limestone minerals in the soil. When my grandpa came into Osage county in the 1950's to be an oilfield pumper, he said there wasn't hardly any deer in here. And he remembers pronghorns still being in this area. Once he even killed a mule deer on one of his leases.
Its so much fun for us to watch these things, as they come back from year to year, and see how they've grown. And we really enjoy watching the bucks fight and posture at each other to try to be the dominant one. Every evening we're glued to the windows for about two hours ;D.
kind regards,
sandcreek
nova treasure said:
Great pics Sandcreek, The Deer are coming in the prerut phases here in Kentucky as well. Starting to find Ground Scrapes and so forth.

Nova Treasure
Nova Treasure--I've noticed since our weather has been cooler than average, its made the bucks come into the pre-rut a little earlier this year. We usually have temps in the 70's right now, but the first few weeks in Oct. the average highs have been in the 50's/60's and nights in the 40's.

Glad you enjoyed the pics!
regards,
sandcreek

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Watching nature right out your backdoor is always better than TV! We even put a big spotlight up one year because the deer were coming in after dark. I couldn't believe it when 2 small herds came in from different directions. I love that piebald, but I'm still not telling any locals about him.

ng

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Watching nature right out your backdoor is always better than TV! We even put a big spotlight up one year because the deer were coming in after dark. I couldn't believe it when 2 small herds came in from different directions. I love that piebald, but I'm still not telling any locals about him.

ng
We're hoping he stays far enough away from the road so he doesn't get shot. He's such a cool looking buck and every year he comes back with more spots. I guess piebalds are kinda rare--not so much as albinos, but its still unusual to see one.

You're right about watching nature out our back door--this is the highlight of the day. These things start funneling in off the prairie and up out of the creek bottoms and if they see another deer already feeding, they'll break into a lope----Its like they're thinking: "Oh, boy, I'd better hurry before all the cookies are gone!". :laughing9:
Thanks Naturegirl!

~~sandcreek~~

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you could keep your place so secretred in so hunters will never get him! Love your evening view! And THANK-YOU for sharing it!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
I wish you could keep your place so secretred in so hunters will never get him! Love your evening view! And THANK-YOU for sharing it!
Thanks so much, MG! Glad you enjoyed these pics......Josie really likes sharing them with you.
kind regards,
sandcreek

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Sandcreek, these are some swell pics. I always enjoy seeing pics like this. Early
this evening, just before dark we had one run past the corner of our house. I was just about
to get up out of my chair and was looking out the window just as he ran past the corner into
our back yard toward the woods. He stopped about 60 or 70 feet away and looked around a little,
then turned and walked into the woods. My camera wasn't quite close enough to get a pic. I
really love seeing them pass through my yard.

That piebald buck is quite a sight. I'd love to see him in real life.

Have a good day and thanks for sharing your pics.

Ray

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
karenray08 said:
Hello, Sandcreek, these are some swell pics. I always enjoy seeing pics like this. Early
this evening, just before dark we had one run past the corner of our house. I was just about
to get up out of my chair and was looking out the window just as he ran past the corner into
our back yard toward the woods. He stopped about 60 or 70 feet away and looked around a little,
then turned and walked into the woods. My camera wasn't quite close enough to get a pic. I
really love seeing them pass through my yard.

That piebald buck is quite a sight. I'd love to see him in real life.

Have a good day and thanks for sharing your pics.

Ray
Thank you, Ray! This piebald buck must be pretty tough because all the other bucks make a wide circle around him and don't get too close. We had another really nice buck(10 point) come in late one evening, and was chasing some of the does around. It made the piebald mad and he got real stiff legged and started walking sideways, and tilting his horns at this other buck. That buck ran off and never looked back! :D
kind regards,
sandcreek~~~

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rmptr said:
Nice rack !

Great video !!!

Thanks for posting.

Best
Thanks rmptr! Here's another picture of the piebald buck getting ready to fight with another buck---the piebald buck won ;D, he chased the other buck clear across the meadow south of our house. He thinks he's pretty tough :wink:.
kind regards,
sandcreek

Attachments

• P1130315 - Copy.JPG
    P1130315 - Copy.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 489

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A deer haven for sure...loved the pics & video. I saw a pie bald doe the other day on the side of my road. She and the other jumped into the woods as I drove closer, that was the last I saw of em...no camera with me.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
A deer haven for sure...loved the pics & video. I saw a pie bald doe the other day on the side of my road. She and the other jumped into the woods as I drove closer, that was the last I saw of em...no camera with me.

:wink: RR
Thanks River Rat! We had never seen a piebald before this one. I hope this buck survives a couple more years(just to see how much more spotted he gets). I wonder if they pass that gene on to their offspring? :read2:
If you see that piebald doe again, try to get some pictures to show us, would you?
kind regards,
sandcreek

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Those are some outstanding photos sandcreek, outstanding! :thumbsup:
Thank you so much, seger98! It just thrills my daughter to be able to show her pictures to you all and she's glad everyone enjoys them!
kindest regards,
sandcreek
Mental Granny said:
Love the new pics and looking forward to a lot more this season!
Thanks MG! I put some more of Josie's deer pictures in our "profile pictures". You may have already seen most of them(?). I'll try to add more next week.
Thanks so much for the comments!
sandcreek~~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread