Slightly tilted, will it last throughout the winter?

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 100_3812.JPG
    100_3812.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 439

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is 'slightly tilted', the old barn wood sells quite well for furniture makers, etc......

Fossis..............

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep it is slightly tilted ! :o I would guess they will sell the wood for big $ people will buy it for paneling and picture frames ect. Great picture it llooks like it was a beautiful, sturdy old barn.

S

stefen

My sisters son-in-law just torn down an old barn near Anacortes Washington and found that it was made of black walnut...apparently not unusual for that region...

Barn wood and stock yard railings bring big bucks, especially with interior descrators...

Rail boards that have been cribbed (chewed) or constantly rubbed by cows and/or horses have a character thats hard to duplicate

Wouldn't be suprised if the structural timbers were made of solid white oak...

Old barns are a gold mine...seen some that have been taken apart, each piece numbered, then transported hundreds if not thousands of miles, then rebuilt...

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My step father used to do custom framing he had used some barn wood once to frame up a black/white pencil drawing thtat my brother had drawn. He cut the wood into squares and selected some knotted areas, it's kind of neat looking.

Since my step father passed away my brother now has a new framing shop, he used barn wood for molding and to cover drywall seams inside the shop.

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
depends on how much snow it gets this year...the heavy weight of snow is a huge factor....that and wind if that is common during winter over there.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend of mine buys up old barns and cabins and moves them to his lands. Many are of the American Chestnut. Nice to see them restored. Cool looking picture you have there.Starting to look un safe. I would think disassembly would start at the top? Might be the little engineer in me : )
Cool pic !
TnMtns

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, if that picture was taken in Pa, I'd say that's my brother-in-law's old barn. (he bought an old, old farmstead).

He sold the wood for a good bit of money - they are supposed to start taking it down, but haven't yet. I hope his doesn't fall while the guys are taking it apart. :tongue3:

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread