Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure that's when it was built and not an address,but you could always check with the postal service. :icon_sunny:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carved into the brick? I'd say it's a date.

Bran <><

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Is that concrete? Or Limestone? It's neat, just like the tops of the old stores, if it's carved. But the building dosen't have any of the local characteristics of buildings that old. What do you think?

ng

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't know have to ask Jeff when he gets home. Its out in the middle of nothing, on our list to ck. out. :dontknow:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely looks like carved stone, rather than bricks. I can see in the photo that they are fitted together like stone would be...

Bran <><

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
definately the date the building was built....i see that commmonly around here in the older parts of town...they tended to put the year the building was built on it.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Hmmm....I think I have seen that building. Is it west of town? ;D

TW

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being out in the middle of nowhere and not having any windows that I can see, and the double doors, it was probably an old building for storing farm equipment? Aand , being out in the boonies I'd say it is most likely a date rather than an address. May have been built from scrap from another building from where the date block came. Just guesses. Monty

S

stefen

Looks like a Victorian era-wannabe barn, especially with the fishscale shingles on the facade...

In California, for instance, especially in Redlands, Eureka and Ferndale, a number of the Victorian homes displayed the date completed in the upper eaves...not to be construed as an address...

Ocassionally this also is true of post 1900's commercial and public buildings...

I've noticed this as a practice ranging from 1870's thru the 1920's...

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys we domthink it is a year tooo! Want to find owner next! RESEARCH! :read2:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a date, MG. Since the 911 system came in, you know if it was an address it would say CR1899. (just a joke, county road 1899) Nobody would go to that much trouble in those days in the rural areas to put the address on the house, but it would sure be on the mailbox down by the road.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I think it's a date, but what's the address number of the nearest building on that road ?
(Keeping in mind, some places have both old, and new addresses.)

Best
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread