Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or "Scar" in English.
This is a new buck that came in to feed for the first time this evening . He was chasing a "hot" doe and stayed only for a few minutes to rest and get a "cookie"(cattle cake). He has a scar on the left side of his face and his eye looks a little messed up :tard:. I think he's been fighting with another buck. He's really a cool looking buck--he is a main frame 10 point buck with "kickers" on both of his G2's.
Here's a few pics my daughter took of him.
Thanks for looking!
sandcreek

Attachments

• P1130227.JPG
    P1130227.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 295
  • P1130219.JPG
    P1130219.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 295
  • P1130205.JPG
    P1130205.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 294
  • P1130212.JPG
    P1130212.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 290

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent pics. I don't know in that one pic, but if you see them flickin that tongue in and out, that's a sign of aggression, so be careful then. The deer population has really rebounded in Oklahoma through better game management techniques. I remember 45 or 50 years ago when we all got a thrill out of managing to find some deer tracks in Western Oklahoma.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Excellent pics. I don't know in that one pic, but if you see them flickin that tongue in and out, that's a sign of aggression, so be careful then. The deer population has really rebounded in Oklahoma through better game management techniques. I remember 45 or 50 years ago when we all got a thrill out of managing to find some deer tracks in Western Oklahoma.
RGINN---in that one picture you're talking about, the buck has his mouth wrapped around a piece of cattle cake ;D. We don't ever get too close to these things, because we know they are wild animals and not to be trusted. Josie took these pictures out the window of our house--that tells you how close they are to us! You can sometimes see our yard fence in her pictures. And you are right about the deer population here in Okla., it has really boomed in the last few years, I think that's why the State of Oklahoma has increased the deer season from 1 week to 2 weeks---this gives the hunters a better chance to harvest a deer. We are seeing from 20 to 30 does every evening and 10 to 15 bucks. No telling what's coming in after dark because all the corn, cake, and milo we put out is usually gone the next morning. Glad you enjoyed the pics!!
sandcreek

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here they are showin up on the busiest street in town by the hospital and the shopping area where Pennys and Stage and the hospital are at so no one can shoot them! ;D

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Here they are showin up on the busiest street in town by the hospital and the shopping area where Pennys and Stage and the hospital are at so no one can shoot them! ;D
MG--I think when the rut comes on with the deer, these things start going places they normally wouldn't. Their hormones/testosterone levels go crazy and they venture into all kinds of places without being aware of where they're at. They're really fun to watch, though, huh? :D Just be careful and not hit one with your car!
kind regards,
sandcreek

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh not just rut these are there all the time cattycornored from hosp. is a church we can sit out back and watch them as they come out from behind the homes there (nice homes) no alley and they cross the street there sometimes over the last 3 years we have watched 2 sets of twins grow! Very cool now someday I have to have my camera! Homes are not that far apart but a lot of trees. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Oh not just rut these are there all the time cattycornored from hosp. is a church we can sit out back and watch them as they come out from behind the homes there (nice homes) no alley and they cross the street there sometimes over the last 3 years we have watched 2 sets of twins grow! Very cool now someday I have to have my camera! Homes are not that far apart but a lot of trees. :icon_sunny:
Well, that is cool then :icon_thumright:. Its kinda relaxing just to sit and watch them feed and meander around, huh? And so much fun to watch the babies grow. We've got a couple of doe that come in with twins. The twins always stay together while feeding. We open our windows and listen and you can hear them "grunt" at their mama when the she gets to far away.
~~sandcreek~~

S

seger98

Excellent photos again sandcreek. That's a good lookin' buck!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Excellent photos again sandcreek. That's a good lookin' buck!
Thanks seger98! As if you couldn't already tell, my daughters favorite thing to photograph is deer! ;D
kind regards,
samdcreek

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Ha ! Ha !

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who yah r !

Stick his tongue out at me is too aggressive for me to tolerate.
I'd send him a 150gr pill at about 1800fps to calm him right down !

That's a nice looking buck !
Looks like supper to me !

Best
rmptr

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Great shots!!

I was expecting an Indian chief named Scar. :)

The Searchers is one of my all time favorite movies. In that same movie Ethan explained to Marty what Noyukki or Nyaki Comanche (don't know how to spell it) means.

Means round about. They say they are going one way and go the other. I meet people like that today, and I tell my wife they must be from the Nyaki tribe. :D ;D

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron & April said:
Great shots!!

I was expecting an Indian chief named Scar. :)

The Searchers is one of my all time favorite movies. In that same movie Ethan explained to Marty what Noyukki or Nyaki Comanche (don't know how to spell it) means.

Means round about. They say they are going one way and go the other. I meet people like that today, and I tell my wife they must be from the Nyaki tribe. :D ;D
Ron & April--we wondered if anyone would pick up on that---I just watched that movie last night, its one of my all time favorites, too! That's exactly where we got the name for this buck ;D. He stays "round about" in this area because he knows there's plenty of does and cookies--what more could a buck ask for?! :laughing9:
Glad you enjoyed the pics!
sandcreek
rmptr said:
Ha ! Ha !

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who yah r !

Stick his tongue out at me is too aggressive for me to tolerate.
I'd send him a 150gr pill at about 1800fps to calm him right down !

That's a nice looking buck !
Looks like supper to me !

Best
rmptr
Thanks rmptr! He is a nice buck---we've been watching him romance the does every evening! There was another buck that came in last night and tried to get old "Cicatriz" to fight, but he wouldn't. We get a kick out of how the bucks will posture and walk sideways, kinda tilting their horns, trying to get another buck to fight with them.
Thanks for the comments!
kind regards,
sandcreek

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pictures. I hope to see a similar one back home when I get off the boat this friday. Hello, venison!

capt.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
capt1989 said:
Nice pictures. I hope to see a similar one back home when I get off the boat this friday. Hello, venison!

capt.
capt1989--I hope you see a similar one, too! You just can't beat fresh venison! My daughter is sooooo ready for hunting season which starts this Saturday!
Thanks for the comments and hope you have a great hunting season!
kind regards,
sandcreek

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do so hope we get some meat this year! Jeff can't hunt anymore (job hours) ! But, sometimes a friend gives us some!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions