Loading Steel in L.A.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
This is a hand held snap shot with the Canon 18-55 IS kit lens. I could only get a shutter speed of about 1/6 in this building.

I only pulled this curtain van trailer for about three days. I always pull a regular flatbed that requires tarps for most things.

The curtain van has a metal frame work that slides both directions in a track along both sides of the trailer. When its closed up the sides are nice and tight and keeps the product dry.

I had to swap trailers with another guy who could not legally deliver a load of lumber to Los Angelas because he was almost out of hours.(DOT regulation)

When I took this picture, I had delivered the load of lumber and picked up a half load of steel at another place (on the front), and loading the other half here.

Any way I'm back home for now. Hope I didn't boar everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving ALL.

Ron

Attachments

• Highlights &Shadows - Light.jpg
    Highlights &Shadows - Light.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 316

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
nice looking setup Ron, be safe out there, and keep it between the lines

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful rig, Ron! My brother is a truck driver, too--he hauls cars.
Good money, but long hours!
Happy Thanksgiving!
sandcreek

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Cool Ron, I've never seen that kind of trailor. everything looks so clean and new, and professional in your pics!

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
aa battery said:
did you run 99 or I-5 :)
Hey aa battery ,

I ran I-5 on this trip, but do run 99 sometimes if I have to load in Bakersfield, Stockton, Modesto, etc.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
sandcreek4 said:
That's a beautiful rig, Ron! My brother is a truck driver, too--he hauls cars.
Good money, but long hours!
Happy Thanksgiving!
sandcreek

Thanks sandcreek4,

Yes, definitely long hours, and decent money. Not my job of preference, but ya gotta do what you have to during these hard economic times. Just Thankful to be working.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
naturegirl said:
Cool Ron, I've never seen that kind of trailor. everything looks so clean and new, and professional in your pics!
Thanks naturegirl, Every time I have the opportunity to take a picture of the truck with a nice background like the arches near Moab Utah, or something like that, the truck is filthy dirty. I had just went through alot of snow and slush in Oregon, but when I got down to California it was sunny and in the 70's and 80's, so I stopped and washed it. Thanks again, Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread