Other

Attachments

• PC210001a.JPG
    PC210001a.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 316
S

seger98

Re: 1740's Mill

Real neat looking place! Yeah, can you tell us more? ???

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

It takes a trained eye to find good sites for metal detecting. There are great sites to be found, but you need to be careful to keep your eye on the road! This is a site that thousands of people pass by and never notice. I did, but I have not detected there yet. I found about a half dozen structures nearby including a farm house and some outer buildings. I did a little research and found out that the farmhouse was built around 1740 to replace an earlier structure built in the 1690's. There is a lot more history about the site that I am still uncovering.

I will tell you that is is painful driving by this at least twice a day and not detecting it yet.

More pics will follow, if you are interested.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a neat old mill. I'd like to see more pics. Hope you get to detect it. :icon_thumleft:

S

seger98

I'd love to know more. Is this on private land that you haven't detected it yet?

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

seger98 said:
I'd love to know more. Is this on private land that you haven't detected it yet?

There are "private property" signs nearby, but I think the township or the county owns the waterway and the bordering land. I saw municipal workers at the site last week, but there were cars behind me and I couldn't stop to ask.

The real reason I have not detected it yet is because it is on the back burner. It is a little out of the way for me and I have other, more convenient sites that are producing well. One of my "B" sites has become an "A" site due to some recent finds, including some seated coins, buttons, and the 1770's King George Halfpenny found there recently. Here is the post for that: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,285808.0.html

I will take my camera along tomorrow to get more shots before the upcoming rain washes away the snow.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great looking spot and neat, even if not detectable.

SKD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions