Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS How deep is it ? LOL! I just want to see you hunting in it! I am a wuss I wdon't think I could hunt ..... unless there is a really gooooood chance there is somrthin there LOL!

NG I still think a walk like that would be wonderful! Just looking out in my yard and our drive home tonight from Stillwater was so pretty! I've not been to Gilcrest someday.... ? :icon_sunny:

As for plowing the 4 lanes on Grand are 2 now which is fine except for side streets and those 2 lanes .... to see the sand you almost have to get out and look for it, I guess they are trying to save $. I am glad besides the van we have the jeep! The Highways were great though!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Mental Granny said:
SS your pic looks cold too! It was not that much snow it came after hours and hours of sleet I am talking maybe 6 then the snow but, it was the wind white out blizzard conditions. It was somethin we've not had that in soooo many years in OKC 14 inches it was a record.
It's unusuall for us to get the dry snow :P ours tends to be quite wet :P but this has been around for over a week now, due to the fact we had sharp frosts after the snow, then rain, then more frosts, very icy conditions :'( tryed to get out hunting today, but to much snow still in Yorkshire, even though the thaw has set in :-\

SS
Oh Maan SS that looks amazing

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
SS How deep is it ? LOL! I just want to see you hunting in it! I am a wuss I wdon't think I could hunt ..... unless there is a really gooooood chance there is somrthin there LOL!

NG I still think a walk like that would be wonderful! Just looking out in my yard and our drive home tonight from Stillwater was so pretty! I've not been to Gilcrest someday.... ? :icon_sunny:

As for plowing the 4 lanes on Grand are 2 now which is fine except for side streets and those 2 lanes .... to see the sand you almost have to get out and look for it, I guess they are trying to save $. I am glad besides the van we have the jeep! The Highways were great though!
Six Inches MG :P......and now we have tempertures down to -10, with more snow and freezing conditions forcast :o but it's been long over due ::) could be a long winter :-\

SS

Attachments

• snw 012.JPG
    snw 012.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 257
OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty! They say more stuff comming here but, I think it will stay in the Southern part on the state! I hope! :icon_sunny:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics, everyone.

We had a white Christmas, too - but, no pictures - we also had wind with gusts up to 76 mph. (and no phone for almost 5 days).

B

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Phone YUCK ! I do really like having phone! A few years ago the great "ice storm" we were without electric for 10 days and cable for 2 weeks! We were ok but, I really hated not having the phone, the line was laying in the yard covered in ice! ::) Thankfully it was only a couple of days, the whole county was with out, our daughter still had power and we were getting different family comming from out of town to shower and bringing friends! A shower feels soooo good!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 10 days?! We got it in western OK the next year and we were out for 3 weeks. I was at my Dad's then and it wasn't that bad, as his house has natural gas. I did have to haul water, cause the town pumps went out, and they had drained the water tower for repairs prior to the storm. The funny thing was I handled it better than Dad, who grew up with no electric. I kinda hated to see it come back.

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had family in Newkirk they came and showered and my niece asked to bring her best friend one day, We were fine or I was Jeff got power at work and I was at home but we too have gas for cooking and the gas logs but of course central was out! And we had alot of blankets!

Now we are just cold its colder tan it as been for sometime and going to get colder this week snow spit on and off all day and ten more maybe on Tur. so its not bad so far!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pics, SS. We always get the dry snow, which is why you hardly see any snowmen here, but they do a lot of ice sculpture. The relative humidity in my house right now is 37, but I keep a humidifier going most of the time. It's a lot different type snow than I was used to in Oklahoma, so it's not quite as aggravating.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have that dry snow here in SD, too.

I call it "walking snow", because in the morning it will be in one place, by the afternoon it will have moved and piled up somewhere else!

No snowmen here, either.

B

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In todays paper there were some cool snow things someone had built a "Penguin" and a "Reindeer" we did NOT build anything tis time ! Hehe!

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In todays paper there were some cool snow things someone had built a "Penguin" and a "Reindeer" we did NOT build anything tis time ! Hehe!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread