Attachments

• xmasplane2.jpg
    xmasplane2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 412

mjido

Aug 14, 2007
Western New Mexico
Hi Packerbacker,

Thanks for the comeback. I spent many a day looking up at Mt. Lassen, and spent a lot of time hiking around and climbing Mt. Lassen, before they started cracking down on hikers going any place they wanted. My wife and I grew up, in what looks like just north of you, in the Redding area, in fact, my Mother, who is 92 years old lives up in Shingletown. Neat country.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Redding is a little North of us. Looking left in that pic (North) you can see Mt Shasta. I fish Lake Grace and Nora quite often. They are right at Shingletown. I work with a lady that lives there.
Nope, kids don't get to fly them. They are always wrecked before the kids can get their grubby, little hands on them....ALWAYS!!.....we like to think of it as "Bonding" ;D

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
my daughter got a RC helicopter. I don't know how well it's going to fly in the Ks wind. It was
a gift from an out of state relative

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
packerbacker said:
Yep, Redding is a little North of us. Looking left in that pic (North) you can see Mt Shasta. I fish Lake Grace and Nora quite often. They are right at Shingletown. I work with a lady that lives there.
Nope, kids don't get to fly them. They are always wrecked before the kids can get their grubby, little hands on them....ALWAYS!!.....we like to think of it as "Bonding" ;D
Think about it. The kids DOOOO eventually get to fly them if it's a family tradition...right???

When they grow up and wreck them to keep the tradition alive...get it?

That is on one of my MUST FISH in my lifetime locations. I can't believe I haven't made there yet. I was close but opted to fish in Vancouver Canada. I am a huge admirer and advocate of Trout fishing and Redding is on my MUST DO list. Skamania, and Steelhead Trout. I'm coming. We support Trout Unlimited and everything they do.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandson had a "Make a Wish" type event in his classroom. The kids had boxes representing 10 days (2 school weeks). They could get a request approved beforehand and then, if they got a star in all 10 boxes, their wish would be granted. They earned stars with class participation and behavior. His wish was for Papa to take him trout fishing near Shingletown. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• noly11.jpg
    noly11.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 170
  • noly12.jpg
    noly12.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 165

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread