116.2 KB · Views: 344

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful photo. Here in Southern New Jersey a few years back, about 7 miles up the road from me, there has been a local farmer using the same setup to plow his fields. Seen him for several years doing it the old fashion way, not sure if he still uses his horses yet or not. I would have thought something like that would have made it in the local newspaper as a "Special Interest" story or a "Remember When"......

Don

OP
OP
Piepstokloper

Piepstokloper

Dec 12, 2009
Groningen
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola Modified and Tesoro Cibola Hollandia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Beautiful photo. Here in Southern New Jersey a few years back, about 7 miles up the road from me, there has been a local farmer using the same setup to plow his fields. Seen him for several years doing it the old fashion way, not sure if he still uses his horses yet or not. I would have thought something like that would have made it in the local newspaper as a "Special Interest" story or a "Remember When"......

Don
Yes i agree with you, it,s a shame that all off that has bin gone.

S

seger98

Gotta hand it to the guy that apears to be up there in age still out there working that hard!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do it that way back in the 1950's, nice pic.

Fossis............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great pic! But thank goodness those WERE the days. I ain't choppin cotton no more or pullin bolls and hope I don't have to spend all day starin at the south end of a north bound mule. All it gave any of us was something called a 'strong work ethic'. Which probably ain't a bad thing to have. I like your pics, Eem-Piem!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread