Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Left for Quartzsite on Oct 20, stayed at Quartzsite until Nov 10, got back home about 12:00 noon Nov 26 just in time for Thanksgiving dinner.

When I arrived, first thing was to get cleaned up, did that at the Yacht Club Motel...they have large house trailers for rooms (looks just like a trailer park), nice and private place to be for a night. Next morning after checking out, headed for the BLM 14 day free camping area.

At the BLM 14 day camping, that evening 2 guys who were camped nearby, stopped in to welcome me. They handed me a sack of fried chicken with 2 slices of bread, a jug of water, then said to come over to their campfire for hot coffee. It turned out both were gold prospectors/treasure hunters, so from that moment on for the next week and a half...I had a good time just camping/hiking and treasure hunting.

Their names are Walt and Dan...Dan is the tall guy here. After Dan and Walt left the BLM 14 day area, I moved on to check out a claim close to Middle Camp mountain.

Attachments

• camp3.jpg
    camp3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 320
  • camp4.JPG
    camp4.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 307
  • camp5.JPG
    camp5.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 312
  • camp6.JPG
    camp6.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 317
  • camp7.JPG
    camp7.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 346
  • camp8.JPG
    camp8.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 309
OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first three days were on the cool side, but after that it really warmed up. The mountain in the background of the 1st photo is Sugarloaf peak. It has a hardrock claim called "Sugarloaf Claim" and the corner marker is right about where Walt's trailer is parked.

Sugarloaf mountain is beautiful during a colorful sunrise. We also had a full moon setting during the night on Halloween...just awesome sight to see!

Then 2 jets crossed directly over Sugarloaf peak one day, amazing they didn't crash...where was the air controllers or who wasn't paying attention?

Attachments

• sunrisesky6_crop.jpg
    sunrisesky6_crop.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 313
  • sunrise_crop.jpg
    sunrise_crop.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 321
  • sunrisesky8_crop.jpg
    sunrisesky8_crop.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 325
  • moonset2_crop.jpg
    moonset2_crop.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 299
  • moomset1_crop.jpg
    moomset1_crop.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 319
  • sktcross1.jpg
    sktcross1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 292
S

seger98

Beautiful photos, there doesn't seem to be any better sunrises or sunsets anywhere outside of AZ. going to Quartzsite next week to do some shopping now that the vendors are all there.

Did ya find any gold while you were there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread