A Hoar Frost kind of day

S

seger98

fossis said:
seger98 said:
Nice photos fossis, so what are you hunting for? You always have your gun with you.

I just keep it handy, we have mountain lions, (one was following me) last summer, until I turned & saw it, the little dogs of my Son's went over the trail & the hair on their back raised up.
After warning my son to watch his little boys when they are outside, (they lived almost in the forest), he kinda laughed.
Three weeks later, a full grown mare was attacked by a cat, & died of infection after a few weeks, she had teeth marks in her throat, horrible scratches on her chest, some 10 " long, he sold out & moved closer to town.
People were also missing geese, puppys, plus Black Bear are getting numerous, several have been trapped & relocated, some are coming into yards & eating dog food, tearing up Bee hives, eating the seats off 4 wheelers, (hunters in the mts), & chasing people.
Wild hogs are 'epidemic' in the bottomlands, some have even chased landowners to their vehicles, I've seen lots of 'sign', but only two dead ones on the hwy, so I never go out 'unarmed'. :thumbsup:

Fossis..............

WOW!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Oh, be careful fossis. I keep wondering when we'll here of an attack on people here in Okie land. I can imagine how you felt when you turned around.

ng

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Oh, be careful fossis. I keep wondering when we'll here of an attack on people here in Okie land. I can imagine how you felt when you turned around.

ng

Mark my words, 'you will soon', my former boss had a large Rotweiler literally 'cut to ribbons', without even asking, the vet said " that's the worse cat attack i've ever seen", the dog had 11 Iv's in it , but slowly recovered.
One man stopped on the road when I was looking for fossils to see if I needed help, I told him about seeing two cats cross the road & he laughed, I thought " you'd better take it serious" he had a small son riding with him.
My Son only lets his Son hunt from a tree stand now, but a friend's Son had to kill two bears that had him 'treed' in his stand & wouldn't leave, so folks had better be 'on the watch'.

Fossis...........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CarolinaDigs said:
Thanks for sharing your day !! Once again the pictures are great !!

Thank, Margie.

Fossis...............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics, fossis, thanks. I like that one of the RR. I'd like to see what the speculation about that structure will be about 3 thousand years in the future, after it's been long forgotten and suddenly 'discovered'. We didn't make it up to 17 today. In fact, we started out 40 degrees below that; I think it made it up to 9 degrees this afternoon. It's very cold, but, it's a dry cold.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Nice pics, fossis, thanks. I like that one of the RR. I'd like to see what the speculation about that structure will be about 3 thousand years in the future, after it's been long forgotten and suddenly 'discovered'. We didn't make it up to 17 today. In fact, we started out 40 degrees below that; I think it made it up to 9 degrees this afternoon. It's very cold, but, it's a dry cold.

Thanks, I was driving through NM & stopped at a store that had a skeleton in a Volkswagen, & the sign said, "but it's a dry heat". ;D

Fossis............

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice man tunnel. Nice days walk...Heading to my tree stand in the morn for a last Hoorah. Its like 17 degrees here with snow and ice.. going to be tough sitting still for 10 hours :tongue3:

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Nice man tunnel. Nice days walk...Heading to my tree stand in the morn for a last Hoorah. Its like 17 degrees here with snow and ice.. going to be tough sitting still for 10 hours :tongue3:

Thanks, hopefully you won't have to sit that long, & 'bag one'. :thumbsup:

Fossis..........

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
TnMountains said:

Thanks, hopefully you won't have to sit that long, & 'bag one'. :thumbsup:

Fossis..........

I have filled everyones freezer this year but my own as I saw some big horns that shook me up. Tomorrow its brown and plump its mine. Thank you Fossis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread