fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the Winter gets colder, I add a few layers of clothing, one day it was 33, the next day 27, today it was around 19 degrees, but I still had to get in 'a walk', only a hard rain will keep me inside.
I saw Armadillo den under a pine knot, Hoar Frost, wire growing through a tree, tunnel under the RR, etc.......
Tomorrow supposed to be 17, Brrrrrr.

Fossis..............

Attachments

• Ancient Sea Bed 003.JPG
    Ancient Sea Bed 003.JPG
    472.2 KB · Views: 366
  • Winter Walk 001.JPG
    Winter Walk 001.JPG
    476.9 KB · Views: 339
  • Winter Walk 002.JPG
    Winter Walk 002.JPG
    460.5 KB · Views: 348
  • A Fallen Giant 011.JPG
    A Fallen Giant 011.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 343
  • Ancient Sea Bed 002.JPG
    Ancient Sea Bed 002.JPG
    477.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Ancient Sea Bed 001.JPG
    Ancient Sea Bed 001.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 348
  • Ancient Sea Bed 001.JPG
    Ancient Sea Bed 001.JPG
    457.3 KB · Views: 343
  • Winter Walk 009.JPG
    Winter Walk 009.JPG
    497 KB · Views: 322
  • Winter Walk 008.JPG
    Winter Walk 008.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 333

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trees and really nice pics ! Love the gun too! Your walk looks sooo warm thats deciving! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Great trees and really nice pics ! Love the gun too! Your walk looks sooo warm thats deciving! :icon_sunny:

Thanks, when it gets cold & I stay inside my wife says: "wheres that Mountain Man spirit''?
So I have to get out or lose 'my reputation'. ;D

Fossis.............

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fossis--I'm glad you posted the "Hoar Frost"! We see this all the time when we're in the woods and have always wondered what it was. Is it a plant/wildflower that makes the white stuff?
And those are some awesome, big old trees that you take pictures of! Our trees up here on the prairie are mostly post oak and sometimes we see big burr oaks, but nothing as big as the ones down in your neck of the woods!
Keep posting--we enjoy your pictures!
sandcreek~~

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Fossis--I'm glad you posted the "Hoar Frost"! We see this all the time when we're in the woods and have always wondered what it was. Is it a plant/wildflower that makes the white stuff?
And those are some awesome, big old trees that you take pictures of! Our trees up here on the prairie are mostly post oak and sometimes we see big burr oaks, but nothing as big as the ones down in your neck of the woods!
Keep posting--we enjoy your pictures!
sandcreek~~

The Hoarfrost is needle-like ice crystals formed on the ground (or objects), by direct condensation at temp's below the freezing point.
We do have some large trees here in the 'bottomland', good rich soil, & plenty of moisture to make then grow big.

Thanks, Fossis...........

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Don't trees do the most amazing things? So nice to meet another "tree-hugger" :wink: They even nourish that parasitic wire. Maybe my spirit is more of a pyschcotic spirit than a mountainman spirit, but I try to be outside in all kinds of weather, right at the most extreme if I can. Lightenenig keeps me in though. But blizzard, heatwave ect. Not out very long,
i'm fairly wimpy, but at least I get out and experience it. 7 degrees here this morning.

naturegirl

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Thanks Fossis. Beautiful nature pics as usual. Keepem comin.

S

seger98

Nice photos fossis, so what are you hunting for? You always have your gun with you.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Don't trees do the most amazing things? So nice to meet another "tree-hugger" :wink: They even nourish that parasitic wire. Maybe my spirit is more of a pyschcotic spirit than a mountainman spirit, but I try to be outside in all kinds of weather, right at the most extreme if I can. Lightenenig keeps me in though. But blizzard, heatwave ect. Not out very long,
i'm fairly wimpy, but at least I get out and experience it. 7 degrees here this morning.

naturegirl

I forgot to mention Lightning, & blizzards, (we don't have many of those), they keep me in. ;D

Fossis..........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RPG said:
Thanks Fossis. Beautiful nature pics as usual. Keepem comin.

Thanks

Fossis..............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Nice photos fossis, so what are you hunting for? You always have your gun with you.

I just keep it handy, we have mountain lions, (one was following me) last summer, until I turned & saw it, the little dogs of my Son's went over the trail & the hair on their back raised up.
After warning my son to watch his little boys when they are outside, (they lived almost in the forest), he kinda laughed.
Three weeks later, a full grown mare was attacked by a cat, & died of infection after a few weeks, she had teeth marks in her throat, horrible scratches on her chest, some 10 " long, he sold out & moved closer to town.
People were also missing geese, puppys, plus Black Bear are getting numerous, several have been trapped & relocated, some are coming into yards & eating dog food, tearing up Bee hives, eating the seats off 4 wheelers, (hunters in the mts), & chasing people.
Wild hogs are 'epidemic' in the bottomlands, some have even chased landowners to their vehicles, I've seen lots of 'sign', but only two dead ones on the hwy, so I never go out 'unarmed'. :thumbsup:

Fossis..............

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel kinda silly, Fossis. I thought the 'hoarfrost' you were talking about was the white curly stuff in your third picture. I didn't notice the 'frost' in the second pic. Sorry!
~sandcreek~

Attachments

• P1010685.JPG
    P1010685.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 223
OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:

Thanks for the link naturegirl, I could have been the first documented 'attack on humans' if I had not stopped & looked back that day.
Cats are seen on a regular basis here, walking across pastures, or crossing roads, I saw two one day while walking the road looking for fossils, they also hang around chicken houses (where some dump dead chicks).
I recently received an E-mail from AR showing three cats eating on a dead deer, (trail cam).

Fossis...........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
You sure love the forest my friend....Come work with us!

Thanks for the offer, but i better 'hang around here'. :D

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
I feel kinda silly, Fossis. I thought the 'hoarfrost' you were talking about was the white curly stuff in your third picture. I didn't notice the 'frost' in the second pic. Sorry!
~sandcreek~

The third picture is the one of Hoarfrost. :P

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used