Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
It is either a marker claiming his area or he did hang it to find his way out....... wonder if he did! ? :laughing7:

I remember you talking about being stalked that is why you carry a gun with your camera, I would have to do the same! But, here I have not heard about any bears this far up just cats to watch out for and only bob cats ! But, the way they are movin no tellin whats out there now, never had skunks or coons at my home before but now !! :dontknow:

There were no reports of 'missing hunters', although a few months ago a guy fell from a tree stand, & crawled for 24 hrs to get help, he broke his leg in the fall.
In the area I was stalked by the lion, I heard from a guy that lives there, that his little girl saw one in their field, & rushed to get her baby brother inside the house, it's just a 'matter of time' until someone is hurt or killed.

Fossis...........

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a trip for animal managment to go in an MOVE it away somewhere! Just make sure your not the one that is the reason they go after it!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CarolinaDigs said:
Beautiful Fossi ! it is amazing what beautiful works of art nature creates . I love viewing all you post > stay careful ! Margie

Yes it is 'Amazing' the works of Nature, I will be careful. :thumbsup:

Fossis..........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator-Flea said:
Nice hiking country, :icon_thumright:

Yes it is, we have several trails through the Ouachita National forest, you can hike from OK to AR.
Or just do like I do, & go everywhere. :P

Fossis............

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics as always Fossis. :icon_thumright:

The big cats are what I worry about most when out hiking. Of course, Connecticut still says they are not here. Then why have I seen one on two occasions (once with two other people)?

Stay alert out there!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Cool pics as always Fossis. :icon_thumright:

The big cats are what I worry about most when out hiking. Of course, Connecticut still says they are not here. Then why have I seen one on two occasions (once with two other people)?

Stay alert out there!

They only admitted we had them a few years ago, now they have a hunting season if they are causing problems with livestock, etc...., the Black cats they deny we have, but I know several people (including myself) that have seen them, one was seen last week in a mans back yard, the mts extend almost into town.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Des from down under said:
felt I was walking with you ..thanks for sharing those...des

You were sort of.

Fossis...........

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics, Fossis. I love getting out in the Ouachitas when I can. The woods are finally getting walkable again since we had the icestorm back in 2000. It's amazing how much deadfall that storm put down. I have been jeeping and hiking alot over there in OK back behind Monroe..over to Heavener, and over the hightop and down to Coaldale and Hontubby. Beautiful country. I love living here. I'm sure we have stomped the same path at one time or another. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
72cheyenne said:
Great pics, Fossis. I love getting out in the Ouachitas when I can. The woods are finally getting walkable again since we had the icestorm back in 2000. It's amazing how much deadfall that storm put down. I have been jeeping and hiking alot over there in OK back behind Monroe..over to Heavener, and over the hightop and down to Coaldale and Hontubby. Beautiful country. I love living here. I'm sure we have stomped the same path at one time or another. :thumbsup:
Thanks cheyenne, we probably have 'stomped the same areas', i've also talked to your buddy 'Arkiegold' about hunting in some local rivers.

Happy Hunting, Fossis..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread