New Here with some Ghost town Pics

Dragons_Fire

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2010
First off, I would like to say "Hi" to everyone here. I have been lurking for years and just decided to sign up now.

I have attached a couple pictures I have taken at an old ghost town, there isnt much left there though. Its also a national historic site, although the fence only goes around the coke ovens, i still dont think I will be detecting much around there until I can find out if the whole town is protected.

Attachments

• 100_0226small.jpg
    100_0226small.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 553
  • 100_0232small.jpg
    100_0232small.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 100_0236small.jpg
    100_0236small.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 543
  • 100_0235small.jpg
    100_0235small.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 549
OP
OP
D

Dragons_Fire

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2010
The first pic there is of the side of the power station near the entrance to mine #1.
Second is my dog and I infront of whats left of the power station.
Third is a fire hydrant in the town.
And fourth is my better half infont of the coke ovens in the town.

Mine #1 is almost 3miles from the town, and there is some other foundations and an old log cabin just before the mine entrance. These might not be covered under the Historic site, so I may be able to detect there.

And last is two more pictures, the first is the entrance to the #1 mine, which has been caved in and is full of water. Second is the "trail" between the #1 mine and the townsite.

Attachments

• 100_0227small.jpg
    100_0227small.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 544
  • 100_0240small.jpg
    100_0240small.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 544

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet, Dragons_Fire. Bonne soir, comment sa va? (I understood Canada required a French translation for about 3 people in Quebec who are eternally p'od about everything. So I provided it. I really do speak it better than I spell it) Excellent pics. I live here in Colorado in the middle of the Rockies and spend a lot of time visiting the old mine sites. Keep us posted.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome & glad you stopped 'lurking', beautiful Country up there. :thumbsup:

Fossis..........

F

Felinepeachy

Great pics!! Adorable dog. Welcome to Tnet and don't forget to stop by the chat room. :tongue3:

OP
OP
D

Dragons_Fire

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for the "hello"s and the compiments on the dog and how beautiful it is up here.

I actually live about 2 hours from this town, and there is snow everywhere right now, but I'm going crazy jsut waiting to get out. I know there is other hunting and logging camps that are closer to my place, i just have no idea on where to find the information on where to look for them. Hopefully i can find lots of places to explore by the time the snow is gone.

If I get a chance to later, i will add a few more pics of the ghost town and the surrounding area.

OP
OP
D

Dragons_Fire

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2010
Here is a picture of the Hotel
IMG_2845.jpg

The trail was the main road through the town. There used to be 2 or 3 streets on either side of the road all with houses and businesses on them.
IMG_2844.jpg

The "Cemetary" which is visited every few years by the grandchildren and they usually lay flowers there.
IMG_5902.jpg

And the last picture for a while, the Boiler house. You cna see the slag pile in the top right corner of the picture.
IMG_5910.jpg

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pictures! Looks like my neck of the woods when there isn't 4' of snow on the ground!
Pagosa Pete

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spot buddy. If I knew that the hotel/business area wasn't protected, I'd be on it with a detector like a fly on a fresh pinch.
:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread