Found a Cache this morning!!!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately a Chipmunk's cache of bird seed and dog food! Went out this morning to replace the Air Filter in my Truck, and when I lifted out the old dirty filter, there was an unexpected surprise in the air inlet area underneath the filter. Looks like someone found a nifty dry area to store his food during this hard winter. LOL. Had to be a Chipmunk I supposed to carry those big dog food pieces, don't think mice would carry them and store em like that and the air inlet opening is too small for a Squirrel.

A few years back I went out to start my previous truck and got nothing when I turned the Ignition key. After lifting the hood, and a quick look revealed a next on the intake manifold, Squirrel I think, and whoever was trying to live there decided to chew through my starter harness! One tow job and repair later I was a few hundred dollars lighter, so this was nothing compared to that.

Don

Attachments

• AirInletFilterarea.jpg
    AirInletFilterarea.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 495
F

Felinepeachy

How about a blue jay Jyes, they like to store their caches and it looks like what they like to eat.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a 'cache', :P, the pack rats around here like to build in vehicles, & chew on wires.

fossis...........

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
How about a blue jay Jyes, they like to store their caches and it looks like what they like to eat.

Most likely a Chipmunk , came through the small air inlet plastic pipe in the photo which is right around the radiator and grille area of my truck.
The Air filter sat on top of that area about two inches from the bottom, just enough room for a storage area and luckily the filter did its job and did not suck any of the seed into my engine!

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread