Attachments

• DSCF0195.JPG
    DSCF0195.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 494

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
and what was going on there, i know they didnt show up
just to get their picture made :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
A 10th year celebration of the anniversary of the restoration of the Morris Performing Arts Center will take place on Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.

This special "Thank You South Bend" free show will feature talents from the many types of entertainment that have graced the stage of the Morris over it's history; from Classical to Broadway; Jazz to Celtic and R&B/Motown; with nationally known performing acts who live here in the Michiana region; such as JUNIOR WALKER & THE ALL STAR BAND with veteran All Star Band member DARRYL BUCHANAN, DONI HAGEN, saxophonist DANNY LERMAN, REBECCA WILSON and the MAROON JAZZ CHOIR, Violinist THOMAS HUNTINGTON, Cellist AUSTIN HUNTINGTON, NIKITA ABROSIMO, JOHN BANES, JUSTIN WILLIAMS, South Bend Symphony Choir member Professor TUCK LANGLAND, John Kennedy and KENNEDY'S KITCHEN with CELTIC DANCE and a special appearance by Chicago based jazz singer, Spider Saloff. Mayor Stephen Luecke will make a special appearance. Hosted by SUNNY 101.5 radio personality Tori James, St. Joseph County Treasurer Sean Coleman, and South Bend City Councilman David Varner. Produced and directed by Ralph Lampkin, Jr.

Originally built in 1921, The Morris is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and completed a restoration and renovation process in 2000 with a completely new stage house and the interior restored to its original vaudeville splendor. The theater hosts a wide variety of concerts, national Broadway touring musicals, symphony, dance, comedians, and is home to the South Bend Symphony Orchestra and Broadway Theatre League.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow the place was packed! How did you get to be the one to host it?

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
well congratulations vibes---only things is that is way above my bringing
up, i have no idea who those people are. i guess you had a great time
and i think thats neat, but i prolly would have been bored to death---lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought it was a Greatfull Dead Concert !

Cool Pic Vibes !

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A Night at the Opera"
harpo2.jpg

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
extractor said:
Wow the place was packed! How did you get to be the one to host it?

'Cause I work in the media:)

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 327

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I love going to the area Preforming Arts Centers for anything I can afford tickets too! And there is always some classy guy or gal to introduce the whole She-bang! WTG vibes. Is it different standing in front of a crowd as compared to being on the radio? There is nothing like a live preformance! It's so "human" :icon_thumleft:

ng

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
4-H said:
Please explain to us what you do and a bit more on the show.....I'm kind of confused.
Which isn't hard to do sometimes

last Saturday night there was a free concert featuring:
This special "Thank You South Bend" free show will feature talents from the many types of entertainment that have graced the stage of the Morris over it's history; from Classical to Broadway; Jazz to Celtic and R&B/Motown; with nationally known performing acts who live here in the Michiana region; such as JUNIOR WALKER & THE ALL STAR BAND with veteran All Star Band member DARRYL BUCHANAN, DONI HAGEN, saxophonist DANNY LERMAN, REBECCA WILSON and the MAROON JAZZ CHOIR, Violinist THOMAS HUNTINGTON, Cellist AUSTIN HUNTINGTON, NIKITA ABROSIMO, JOHN BANES, JUSTIN WILLIAMS, South Bend Symphony Choir member Professor TUCK LANGLAND, John Kennedy and KENNEDY'S KITCHEN with CELTIC DANCE and a special appearance by Chicago based jazz singer, Spider Saloff. Mayor Stephen Luecke will make a special appearance. Hosted by SUNNY 101.5 radio personality Tori James, St. Joseph County Treasurer Sean Coleman, and South Bend City Councilman David Varner. Produced and directed by Ralph Lampkin, Jr.

This free concert was celebrating the 10th anniversary of the renovation of the Morris Performing Arts Center

I was asked to host the event as I am a local radio DJ.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
vibes said:
4-H said:
Please explain to us what you do and a bit more on the show.....I'm kind of confused.
Which isn't hard to do sometimes
Cool!

Are you a DJ for a Jazz station?
last Saturday night there was a free concert featuring:

This free concert was celebrating the 10th anniversary of the renovation of the Morris Performing Arts Center

I was asked to host the event as I am a local radio DJ.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pics and good turnout, Vibes. Sometimes those lights are so bright you can't really tell if there's anybody out there, so it might not be much different than radio. And like packerbacker, I entertained a crowd like that once (or twice) before. They just sort of showed up when the incident began to take place.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
RGINN said:
Good pics and good turnout, Vibes. Sometimes those lights are so bright you can't really tell if there's anybody out there, so it might not be much different than radio. And like packerbacker, I entertained a crowd like that once (or twice) before. They just sort of showed up when the incident began to take place.

I was just sharing a piece/slice of my life...I thought that was the purpose of this forum?

I really couldn't see past the 2nd row so am happy the crowd pic turned out as well as it did. And I'm beyond proud of my city for the big turn out.

See, it ALL starts with the creative class in any urban, suburban, rural area....you attract the creatives...well, it just makes any area more inviting, enticing and all around fun and fundamentally prosperous.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:

See, it ALL starts with the creative class in any urban, suburban, rural area....you attract the creatives...well, it just makes any area more inviting, enticing and all around fun and fundamentally prosperous.

Agreed, and you're one of the few folks to get that.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
RGINN said:
vibes said:

Agreed, and you're one of the few folks to get that.

Thanks RGINN...that's a very nice thing to say and I apprciate it!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did they scooch in? Unscooch later? I know how those Blues events can get funky.
Ballsy, speaking in front of a crowd terrifies the crap outta me.
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread