Less offensive finds

U

umrgolf

Hello again Tnet.. It has been a while since I've posted here but I decided that I love this place too much to leave. I haven't gotten to detect much recently due to elbow surgery three weeks ago. I am slowly but surely recovering and will be happy to return to the weekend hunts. Tonight I had dinner with a "friend" and a couple that has so graciously let me dig up their yard for the last six months. :laughing7: Three of the cut pistareens in my avatar came from their place.. From left- Whitney, Me, Mrs. Bright, and Mr. Bright. Was a great evening at a local Italian restaurant topped off with a couple bottles of wine. Hope everyone is in the digging spirit, as spring is right around the corner.. HH Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 674
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Quick shot of the elbow :laughing9:

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 663

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
yeouch what did you do that kinda scares me .because i think i boogered up the mucles in my fore arm and after a while the pain goes up to and a little past elbow to my bicep. was me and 1 other guy moving a cast iron diesel motor and tranny connected. he lost grip and i kept a hold of it till he got another grip and something pulled at the elbow. when we got it on the trailer i straightend my arm and sqealed like a little girl that was 3 weeks ago . it still hurts but not as bad can pick up about 3 pounds max .

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Back Jeff.

Nasty Scar there !

Hope ya Heal Fast !

Jeff

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

olepossum said:
yeouch what did you do that kinda scares me .because i think i boogered up the mucles in my fore arm and after a while the pain goes up to and a little past elbow to my bicep. was me and 1 other guy moving a cast iron diesel motor and tranny connected. he lost grip and i kept a hold of it till he got another grip and something pulled at the elbow. when we got it on the trailer i straightend my arm and sqealed like a little girl that was 3 weeks ago . it still hurts but not as bad can pick up about 3 pounds max .

that was to move my ulnar nerve (funny bone) into the bicep since it had come loose from where it originally sat. when you go see the doc, if he mentions a procedure called a SMUNT, its the same injury :wink:

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Wow thats looks bad, my wife has a scar similar to that one. She had a bicycle wreck and shattered her radius and ulna. The x-ray doctor let me come to the back to see the pictures as they were coming up (he was one of my customers from the bike shop) the radius bone looked like the bottom of a bag of potato chips, I said "that dosen't look too good does it?" He replied "that is the worse radius fracture I have ever seen" After a 4 1/2 hour operation they did bone grafts and inserted a a titanium plate with ten screws and did a titanium radial head insert. So now I can take my pinpointer near her arm and she buzzes like a bunch of can slaw! Hope you get better soon from experience we know the rehab can be as bad as the injury.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Bell-Two said:
Wow thats looks bad, my wife has a scar similar to that one. She had a bicycle wreck and shattered her radius and ulna. The x-ray doctor let me come to the back to see the pictures as they were coming up (he was one of my customers from the bike shop) the radius bone looked like the bottom of a bag of potato chips, I said "that dosen't look too good does it?" He replied "that is the worse radius fracture I have ever seen" After a 4 1/2 hour operation they did bone grafts and inserted a a titanium plate with ten screws and did a titanium radial head insert. So now I can take my pinpointer near her arm and she buzzes like a bunch of can slaw! Hope you get better soon from experience we know the rehab can be as bad as the injury.

wow, that sounds horrible.. wife is a strong lady to take that type of pain.. ill tell you the day of the surgery i wanted to curl up and die. it was not fun at all, again, i can only imagine what she went through having a 4.5 hr operation (mine was only 1.5) .. anyway, im headed out to do some digging take care

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Jeff, it is good to see you back and posting here! That scar looks nasty, but I know you'll be out very soon.

I just bought the exact same camera that you have showing in your one pic. How do you like it? I like how the macro feature allows you to get 1.2 inches away from an object!

Kyle

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch! Hope that heals fast. Glad your back, and she's a cutie!
Carl
Nice Find!

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thanks fellas, its definitely a nice camera Kyle :thumbsup:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bell-Two said:
Wait till she goes to the airport to catch an airplane, and goes thru their metal detector. My wife lights up all sorts of red lights when she goes through.....she was a hit-and-run victim, and split her ankle socket into 5 parts.....put back together with screws and a steel rod. Glad she was able to be put back together.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the 1st pic... :thumbsup: the next ones, well sorta yucky. :-\

Hopefully everything is healing up well and you will be able to resume you're detecting ventures soon.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

River Rat said:
I like the 1st pic... :thumbsup: the next ones, well sorta yucky. :-\

Hopefully everything is healing up well and you will be able to resume you're detecting ventures soon.

:wink: RR

thank you RR, I do appreciate the gesture :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread