Hungry Bald Eagle

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I got both redtailed hawks and owls that live around my area --and hear both fairly often .

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
great pics! I have tons of eagles here and the big problem is when they find a deer thats been hit by a car and begin feeding, some end up as road kills too! :( The other problem is when I am out icefishing I have to keep my fish picked up off the ice or eagles swoop down and make off with my dinner! lol Had one so close one day I swear I could feel the wind off his wings.

Slipperyjack47

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Living in a wild part of Colorado I have seen my share of these wonderful birds.
The people who live out where we do have had a small problem with ferule cats.
until the Eagles discovered them.
It is fun to watch the eagles and the ospreys argue over a fish in flight.
Never have seen an eagle win that arguement.
The eagles usually go back to cleaning up the cats.
They sure are fun to watch.

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Here are a few more.

Attachments

• 7442_1_1.JPG
    7442_1_1.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 435
  • 7448_1_1.JPG
    7448_1_1.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 437
  • 7491_1_1.JPG
    7491_1_1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 433
  • 7525.1_1_1.jpg
    7525.1_1_1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 436
  • 7557_1_1.JPG
    7557_1_1.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 430

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
You're right Ivan, and the more you study the habits of the two birds the more sense he made. The word turkey has a bad connotation these days, but they are pretty smart birds. Another thing most folks don't know, is eagles don't sound at all in real life like they do in movies. That high pitched long shriek is usually the cry of a RedTail hawk that filmmakers have dubbed into the soundtrack. Eagles sound more like chattering. And remember, you can't soar with the eagles if you hoot with the owls.
Exactly!That drives me crazy!They dub that in all the time!A game cock was also considered as the National bird

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
From the birdnerd- I think that's what they call a transition aged bird, it's about 4 years old. a Bald eagle takes 5 years to get it's adult plummage, solid white head and tail. The stages are called- immature, White belly I, White Belly II, transition, and then full adult. When ever we can get our hands on a deer carcass in the winter, we drag it out behind the shop, because Bald Eagles spend the winter here, and increasing numbers nest here again. Really neat pics! :icon_thumleft:

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like from the close up she is just about three yrs old,,, to bad they don't have a banner for pictures!

BANNER
Arid.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Packrat what part of VT ? The wife is from Post Mills. Eagles aren't only scavengers of course. Here is a U-tube video of an eagle taking down a small deer. If you don't want to see how these amazing birds survive by killing other animals please don't click the play button.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a Golden Eagle.....different kind,than the one shown.I have watched golden eagles knock Mtn.Goat Kids off of cliffs to kill them,and seen them kill innumerable fawns and lambs.

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Makes you realize how big a Bald Eagle really is...

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RiverRat3 said:
Makes you realize how big a Bald Eagle really is...
If you are talking about the video,its not a Bald Eagle,its a Golden,and they are bigger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread