Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
kuger said:
sandcreek4 said:
kuger said:
I love whitetails,great bucks!!She is going to be spoiled!!
Hey Kuger--yes, she's already spoiled and getting pretty darn selective about what she will shoot :D. She made her dad hunt hard with her and walk a lot of miles to get that 2009 buck because she wanted to top the one from the year before.
Thanks for the comments~~~~
sandcreek
Your a lucky guy,raising her right :thumbsup:
[/quot

OOOPS!Sorry I called you a guy!!!I see your not.WAY to go MOM!!!!
Its okay, Kuger :hello: ---I should have picked a more feminine user name ;D.
Carmon(sandcreek4)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pics Carmon tell Josie she needs a room just for mounts and pics ..... guess dad will have to add on ! ;D

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Beautiful pics Carmon tell Josie she needs a room just for mounts and pics ..... guess dad will have to add on ! ;D
Thanks Evy! Josie is so proud of those things---She walks by the new mount and says "Boy, that's a big old buck<grinning> ;D ".
Carmon

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
I don't blame her and I bet it tasted good!
Yes, it did and we have a friend who made us some summer sausage out of the hind quarters. Yummy! :D

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice display. Happy Hunting.....

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old River said:
Nice display. Happy Hunting.....
Thanks Old River!!
sandcreek~~

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sandcreek, just wondering what does a good buck like that weigh? The good racks like that are few and far between up here but we do get the occasional 200 lb deer. Nice bucks congrats to your daughter.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Hey Sandcreek, just wondering what does a good buck like that weigh? The good racks like that are few and far between up here but we do get the occasional 200 lb deer. Nice bucks congrats to your daughter.
If you can kill one early in the season, they tend to weigh more around here. I think if we had more corn/wheat fields like out in Western Okla., the deer would have bigger bodies. I think the limestone minerals on the prairie where we live sure help with horn growth in these deer.
The 2008 buck weighed 132 lbs--he was pretty drawed down from chasing the does. The 2009 buck weighed 152lbs. The biggest bodied buck she's killed was an 8 point and weighed 172lbs! She got her first deer at age 9. Something kinda funny----when she went to take the hunters education test, she made better scores than all the boys that were 4 or 5 years older than her ;D.
Thanks for the comments, mainer!!!
sandcreek

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly is a different world for hunting compared to up here. I envy you guys. You can hunt everyday up here and never see a buck and only see 2 or 3 does for the entire season. not to say I havent shot some deer, but it's a different world. Now up here if a deer had a rack like the one your daughter shot, he would more then likely weigh well over 200. What we call a nice rack you guys would snicker at. But I suppose what you call a big heavy deer we would snicker at. I have only shot 1 deer that weighed over 200 pounds,and his racked only scored 128 but he is a good deer for the area, weight and rack wise.

Certainly not taking anything away from you or your Daughter, Thats an amazing deer no matter where you are. I love hearing deer stories and telling them too. Always love to see a good buck. :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics, sandcreek. Did y'all have those racks scored, just out of curiousity to see what they rank? (I guess you know what I'm talkin about)

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Nice pics, sandcreek. Did y'all have those racks scored, just out of curiousity to see what they rank? (I guess you know what I'm talkin about)
The 2008 buck scored 139 and the 2009 buck scored 172!! The 2009 buck is just an awesome buck---she's gonna have to hunt hard and heavy to top him next season. She calls him the "pipeline" buck because they were walking a pipeline right of way( a big opening through the trees the natural gas company had cleared) when she saw him. He had a doe with him and she shot him right in the neck and dropped him!
Thanks RGINN for the comments!
sandcreek~~~

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
And the poor gal on the other side of the wall sees this . . .

Attachments

• Deer rear.jpg
    Deer rear.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 172

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread