fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right, it seems 25% of us pick up after the other 75%.
Welcome to Treasure-Net Racer. :hello2:

Fossis..............

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Looks like the local wild life had a smorgasbord..... :tongue3: :laughing7: :icon_scratch:.....It might help if the can had a lid.....

db

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local wildlife didn't pile that up in the grill. As for the people who did do that, their houses are meticulously clean, and god help you if you so much as throw a cigarette butt down in their driveway. Go research that if you don't believe it. I was a Park Ranger for 7 years and dealt with that first hand.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
psst ( bet theres not any aluminum cans in that "mess" there )--- my bet is a (drugger /drinker) trash picker looking fer cans to feed their habit , or a money hungry slob type "can" picker --that doesn't clean up after picking thru the stuff -- looks to me like they drug the can over to sort thru it and just left the sorted thru stuff lay afterwards rather than replacing it back into the can -- in their rush to go on to the next one --sorta like "slob" MDers that do not refill their holes.. :angry4:

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator-Flea said:
DanB said:
Looks like the local wild life had a smorgasbord..... :tongue3: :laughing7: :icon_scratch:.....It might help if the can had a lid.....

db
Or, someone looking for something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
The grill is in a handy spot for a racoon I mean.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with ivan sails an Gator flea someone lookin for somethin most likely cans! Stupid slobs!

OH and a Big Welcome to T-net! :hello:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
proabaly a aluminum prospector emptied out the trash and dident "cover his holes"

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ivan salis said:
psst ( bet theres not any aluminum cans in that "mess" there )--- my bet is a (drugger /drinker) trash picker looking fer cans to feed their habit , or a money hungry slob type "can" picker --that doesn't clean up after picking thru the stuff -- looks to me like they drug the can over to sort thru it and just left the sorted thru stuff lay afterwards rather than replacing it back into the can -- in their rush to go on to the next one --sorta like "slob" MDers that do not refill their holes.. :angry4:
I see at least 5 cans there. My guess is plain old city folks with no respect for the woods.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
half my fishing holes the area gets full of trash then they block it off so nobody can go.would like to slap the crap out of the aholes

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where the picture was taken, but - do black bears live there anywhere?

Some poor bear will get shot or relocated, because he gets in the habit of feeding in the garbage.

Only people..............geesh.

We were up in bear country in Canada once, and there are bear signs all over the place (not the scat type of sign, real signs - don't leave garbage or food), and the bathrooms at the rest area were made out of concrete, include steel doors, because of bears. Believe it or not, some jacka$$
dumped 4 or 5 cans of tuna fish in the towel can and there were pork chop bones (or maybe steak bones, hard to tell) dumped down the commodes (and of course, they are not the flushing type). People are insane.

If you want to see how slobby people can be - work for a motel for a month. I was a night manager (did the bookkeeping) for Day's Inn in Arizona, and in the morning, I sent out the maids to clean the rooms. Every day - every single day - there was some maid calling me in (we had to take pictures of destroyed rooms for tax and collection reasons), and there was always someone, from somewhere who used the sinks for toilets, couldn't find the garbage can for their used condoms and God knows, that's some of the LESSER things they did. We had one "lady"
term used lightly - who paid for 1 pet for 3 or 4 days. She apparently had about 10 cats - and no litter box. I had to have the maintenance man tear up the carpeting, because after 2 days of airing out (after a thorough shampooing), it was in the wood of the floors. (and motels have special professional "odor eaters" that can take out just about any offensive odor.

And yet - we (metal detectorists and treasure hunters) get to hear about the messes we make? I'll bet that no treasure hunter dumped all that crap. Oooooooh, I just realized - this kind of thing really pi$$es me off!!!

B

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be the case that the can was originally full and people just kept piling it up because they had nowhere else to put it (which is still no excuse). Then the maintenance guy whose job it was to make sure it was emptied regularly came along and emptied the can without picking up the rest. I've seen it happen. Many times the people emptying the cans are not even employees (community service, convicts, volunteers). When it gets that bad they don't bother to pick up the rest because it's "not their problem".

I could be way off base here though. And it pains me to see people who really don't care. I took the kids to the park the other day and they finally asked me why I kept bending over and picking up pieces of other people's trash. I didn't even realize that I was doing it. Since I started metal detecting I have just gotten into the habit of picking up trash and disposing of it properly.

We were in Florida a couple of weeks ago and went on a nature walk through a swamp. Sure enough, there was a pile of beer cans out in the middle of nowhere. The kids turned to me and asked why people do such terrible stuff. :'(

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
This is why, in a way, I dread summer at our beautiful Indiana Sand Dunes....The "FIPS"

I bet it was the FIPS

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, only going by eyesight, it looks like the barrel is completely emply and has no bag in it, and that someone decided to put the trash on top of the bbq thing.

Forgive me, but, I have been known to clean this kind of thing up myself when I see it. I always carry a box of big garbage bags in my vehicle when we travel (for car garbage, dirty clothes for the next laundromat, etc.), and I've also carried garbage from full areas to places where I could throw it out.

There is just no excuse. If there is no place to throw it out the right way, don't throw it out.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread