Eagle1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Eagle3.jpg
    Eagle3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 227

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Great action shots! nice and sharp, I love watching the big birds take flight, you did a good job of capturing that. :icon_thumleft:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the third one. The eagles here don't wait around for me to get set for a shot. What camera do you have?

OP
OP
Tabfry

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks for the comments!

I shot these with a 200mm lens on a Nikon D40. I should have had my tripod with me... would have made waiting more pleasureable. It was a beautiful day and I got the shot, so no complaints here.

PS - the D40 is a great entry-level DSLR. I thought I'd get this to determine if I like the hobby enough to invest more money in a better camera body later down the road. I've had it now 1 1/2 years and I think I'm ready to upgrade soon.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very good shot without using a tripod. I have the Canon Rebel XS, and there's a lot you can do with it. I like to shoot in basically a neutral mode and then download the pics to the computer and mess with saturation and exposure. You can do that with the camera, but you might have to change settings for every shot. I'm not a professional photographer, but I know what I think looks good. Keep the pics comin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread