OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I would estimate there was probably a couple hundred flying all around me when I snapped the shot

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
sheeeesh i would have been running squealing like a 6 year old girl and getting the whole group all stirred up for ya! lol

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
most bees are very intelligent and do not attack unless threatened. they will first fly at you to try to stop you, then they will bump into you, if that doesn't work, then they will die to save the hive

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After playing with the bees, did you detect that property?
Doc

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sniffer said:
most bees are very intelligent and do not attack unless threatened. they will first fly at you to try to stop you, then they will bump into you, if that doesn't work, then they will die to save the hive

Well so far everyone in my family but me has had an anaphylactic reaction to a bee sting...when I was growing up Dad and I never reacted to stings...then Dad had a reaction and dang near did not make it to the first aid booth we were working at the fairgrounds before he fell flat on his face on the concrete....now me...I have not been stung since I was a kid and I do NOT wanna chance it! I get a tad paranoid when anything resembling a bee gets close! lol

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother's Father-In-Law has been a bee keeper for years and has many fifty-five gallon drums full of honey each year from his operation. Trucks come from up North and load and carry them back. I've been stung a few times helping them with bee boxes and in summertime the bees can be viscious and attack more, but in winter I can and have placed my hand flat-down on literally hundreds of the bees and they will pay little heed to my hand being there. But in summer, It would not be wise to do so and would result in a full-fledged bee attack most likely. I like the honey with some of the honey comb inside it. I'd rather eat cane syrup than honey anyday and usually do when I eat breakfast at mom's place. But some folks prefer honey and they eat that at mom's. Honey has some health benefits and helps a person's body fight some allergies, etc. Or at least that's what I've been told. But the taste of good old cane syrup is too good to resist at mom's breakfast table-LOL! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
You need to be cautious around honeybees, in particular, as most native populations have been replaced by the African, or killer bees. If you chance upon them, give them a wide berth, because their attack is relentless. Many people have died from multiple stings from these ferious bees. Once they attack, they will follow their victim for up to a mile in pursuit. rockhound

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some years ago made a hive Large hive in our garage an my grandmother called a bee keeper and he came and took all of them plus the honry for free and gave us a part of the honey comb! Problem solved! Yes he had the queen!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread