My First Post

sandcreek~girl

Greenie
Apr 14, 2010
Somewhere in Oklahoma
This is my very first post on T-net. My mom(sandcreek4) posts a lot of my pictures on here in the Daily Snapshot, but since I just got a new laptop :headbang: for my birthday, I thought I'd start posting on my own.
Here's some recent pictures of the buffalo we have in a pasture by our house. And also some pictures of our lilac's with a swallowtail butterfly on the blooms.
Thanks for lookin!
sandcreek~girl

Attachments

• 20100416_1403 (650x437).jpg
    20100416_1403 (650x437).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 515
  • 20100416_1372 (650x437).jpg
    20100416_1372 (650x437).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 508
  • 20100416_1364 (650x437).jpg
    20100416_1364 (650x437).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 505
  • 20100416_1368 (650x437).jpg
    20100416_1368 (650x437).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 508
  • 20100416_1441 (650x439).jpg
    20100416_1441 (650x439).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 512
  • 20100416_1442 (650x439).jpg
    20100416_1442 (650x439).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 510

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Welcome! Nice pics!

I second that.
A bunch of us are going to be in Caldwell, KS for the Chisholm Trail (Treasure) Hunt May 6-10. Looks like that's pretty close to your neck of the woods. A couple members who are coming have kids pretty close to your age. If you and your family are in Caldwell for the festivities there and you see some detectorists, that's us!
I have 16 yo daughter but she can't stand to be away from her BF long enough to travel anywhere. ::)
Well, take care and again, welcome to the forum.

bradsguns

Jul 5, 2007
Shell Knob, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Vaquero
Wonderful photography !!!
I am a hobby photographer and it is always nice to see someone (especially from the "younger" generation) that knows how to frame a photo and use bokeh in a subtle but effective manner.
You certainly have the "eye".
Hope to see some more great photos !!
Brad

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Whoo-hoo! Hey girl! :hello: Love the pics, especially the expressions on the bisons' faces. Nice and sharp and clear, and so expressive. I know, not supposed to put human emotions on animals, but just look at them, ;D. much better than "oh there is a dignified, stately buffalo" pictures. My niece in Texas is your age, and into photography also, when they visited last summer the TGP was one place she couldn't wait to see. Her camera was just whizzing! That's a technical term, right? Welcome, and I enjoyed the pictures!

Lisa

OP
OP
sandcreek~girl

sandcreek~girl

Greenie
Apr 14, 2010
Somewhere in Oklahoma
bradsguns said:
Wonderful photography !!!
I am a hobby photographer and it is always nice to see someone (especially from the "younger" generation) that knows how to frame a photo and use bokeh in a subtle but effective manner.
You certainly have the "eye".
Hope to see some more great photos !!
Brad
Thanks for the nice comments bradsguns!

naturegirl said:
Whoo-hoo! Hey girl! :hello: Love the pics, especially the expressions on the bisons' faces. Nice and sharp and clear, and so expressive. I know, not supposed to put human emotions on animals, but just look at them, ;D. much better than "oh there is a dignified, stately buffalo" pictures. My niece in Texas is your age, and into photography also, when they visited last summer the TGP was one place she couldn't wait to see. Her camera was just whizzing! That's a technical term, right? Welcome, and I enjoyed the pictures!

Lisa

Hey there Naturegirl! :hello: Thanks for the nice comments! These buffalo (that are by the house) are 2 year olds--they are into everything and are so funny to watch! I take pictures of them every time they're next to the yard fence. I love capturing those "expressions" you're talking about. I just got a new zoom lens for my camera, which really helps bring them in close.
Thanks Lisa!
Josie(sandcreek~girl)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well welcome kiddo. I've seen and admired some of your pics for a while. You like that Canon Rebel? Study that manual, cause you can do a whole lot for the pic, unless you're lazy like me and just shoot it straight and make adjustments with the computer later. What size zoom lens did you get? I got the 75-300mm, but saw real quick I probably need just a size larger for up here. I also got a macro lens which I still haven't completely figured out. Good pics. There should be some calves showin up here pretty quick, so maybe you'll get some shots of them. Keep em comin, adios!

OP
OP
sandcreek~girl

sandcreek~girl

Greenie
Apr 14, 2010
Somewhere in Oklahoma
RGINN said:
Well welcome kiddo. I've seen and admired some of your pics for a while. You like that Canon Rebel? Study that manual, cause you can do a whole lot for the pic, unless you're lazy like me and just shoot it straight and make adjustments with the computer later. What size zoom lens did you get? I got the 75-300mm, but saw real quick I probably need just a size larger for up here. I also got a macro lens which I still haven't completely figured out. Good pics. There should be some calves showin up here pretty quick, so maybe you'll get some shots of them. Keep em comin, adios!
Thanks RGINN! I have the 75-300mm, 18-55mm, and the 35-80mm lens for this Rebel camera. That 75-300mm really gets me up close and personal with the buffalo! ;D I just mostly shoot it straight and then do some adjustments with my Corel Paintshop Pro software. Yes, there are some calves being born right now. The first calf was born the middle of March here on the TGP---I just haven't taken any pics. yet. Maybe I'll get the chance this weekend :thumbsup: .
Glad you like the pics!!!
sandcreek~girl

OP
OP
sandcreek~girl

sandcreek~girl

Greenie
Apr 14, 2010
Somewhere in Oklahoma
Cybercop106 said:
packerbacker said:
Welcome! Nice pics!

I second that.
A bunch of us are going to be in Caldwell, KS for the Chisholm Trail (Treasure) Hunt May 6-10. Looks like that's pretty close to your neck of the woods. A couple members who are coming have kids pretty close to your age. If you and your family are in Caldwell for the festivities there and you see some detectorists, that's us!
I have 16 yo daughter but she can't stand to be away from her BF long enough to travel anywhere. ::)
Well, take care and again, welcome to the forum.
Thanks Cybercop!!

sandcreek~girl

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net, you have 'the eye' for photography. :thumbsup:

Fossis..........

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Sandcreek~girl, you have some really good photography here. I like it. The 'expressions' do show. And I like
the second one. He looks like he's got a goatee right at the bottom of his lip. It looks a little more foreward and not
as bushy as the others have. LOL. Must be just the angle of his head. LOL. That is cute. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Also... A special welcome to T-net. I'll look foreward to more of your pics.
Have a great day.
Ray

OP
OP
sandcreek~girl

sandcreek~girl

Greenie
Apr 14, 2010
Somewhere in Oklahoma
karenray08 said:
Hello, Sandcreek~girl, you have some really good photography here. I like it. The 'expressions' do show. And I like
the second one. He looks like he's got a goatee right at the bottom of his lip. It looks a little more foreward and not
as bushy as the others have. LOL. Must be just the angle of his head. LOL. That is cute. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Also... A special welcome to T-net. I'll look foreward to more of your pics.
Have a great day.
Ray
Thanks for the kind words Ray! Don't you worry, I'll be posting lots more pictures! ;D

sandcreek~girl

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey welcome. I have seen your pictures before. You and your Mom both take some great ones out your way. Look forward to seeing more. Nice buffs !! I think you got a deer last year as well?? A big one? :thumbsup:
Later,,
TnMtns

OP
OP
sandcreek~girl

sandcreek~girl

Greenie
Apr 14, 2010
Somewhere in Oklahoma
TnMountains said:
Hey welcome. I have seen your pictures before. You and your Mom both take some great ones out your way. Look forward to seeing more. Nice buffs !! I think you got a deer last year as well?? A big one? :thumbsup:
Later,,
TnMtns
Thanks TnMountains!
Yep, that was me who got the big buck! :headbang:

sandcreek~girl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread