Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it was ..... DANG .... that I yelled when it followed my line in to shore then up the bank an on to the bridge an clean to the car!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I don't yell, but my whole body contracts at once, I shiver, do a little dance, drop everything, lose my breath..... my husband can tell from across the pond I've seen a snake :D

But I like 'em, so then I usually stand my ground and watch the dang thing, saying Cool!

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
I'm not scared of snakes at all. I have a 4' black snake that I allow to live in the basement of my shop because he keeps the rodents out. I feel that my control over fear of snakes is firmly in hand. However, one time a few years ago I was out chipping a golf ball around the back yard with a 7 iron. I hit the ball a little too hard and sent it off into the edge of the woods. I was out there rooting around with the club head in the rotting leaves at the spot where I thought the ball should be, and this little green snake poked it's head up out of the leaves... the thing couldn't have been more than 6" long. My instinctual reaction was to swing at it with the golf club. There was no thinking, it was pure fight or flight instinct. WHACK and that poor little fellow's head went sailing off of it's body. I could have won the Master's that day with the hit I made on that poor snake's head. I still feel bad about that... and probably always will.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya know my dang wife said it wuz small :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread