Went to a Wedding

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics fossis. I went aboard the Missouri when she was moored in Bremerton, WA many years ago. Very impressive ship and, like you say, there is a plaque on the deck where the Japanese signed the surrender papers. Ship has a lot of history behind it.
I don't know why but I'm betting Hawaii wasn't your idea. Had it been up to you it would have been in a forest somewhere. ;D

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Great pics fossis. I went aboard the Missouri when she was moored in Bremerton, WA many years ago. Very impressive ship and, like you say, there is a plaque on the deck where the Japanese signed the surrender papers. Ship has a lot of history behind it.
I don't know why but I'm betting Hawaii wasn't your idea. Had it been up to you it would have been in a forest somewhere. ;D

Thanks, their first choice was 'The Rocky Mts', between his parents (Phoenix), & us in OK, but now that i'me safely back on the mainland, (they took a pic of me kissing the ground in Tulsa), I wouldn't have missed it for the world. :thumbsup:

Fossis..........

bwilly36

Apr 1, 2005
Marion, IA
Totally reminds me of our wedding. We got married in Waikiki down the beach from Diamond Head on a sea wall with the waves crashing right behind us (the maid of honor got wet more than once during the ceremony!) Got our after-ceremony pics taken right at sunset. Thanks for the great flashback!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bwilly36 said:
Totally reminds me of our wedding. We got married in Waikiki down the beach from Diamond Head on a sea wall with the waves crashing right behind us (the maid of honor got wet more than once during the ceremony!) Got our after-ceremony pics taken right at sunset. Thanks for the great flashback!

It is a popular place, my wife was looking through old photos of her Dad's stint in Hawaii, (Navy 1944), some of the old post cards are collectors items now.

Fossis.............

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Beautiful Bride and Groom !!!! I am glad to see you finally in one of your pics !!! You clean up right good for an Oakie ;D Great pictures of a beautiful world./

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CarolinaDigs said:
Beautiful Bride and Groom !!!! I am glad to see you finally in one of your pics !!! You clean up right good for an Oakie ;D Great pictures of a beautiful world./

Thanks Carolina. :icon_sunny:

Fossis..............

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Awesome pics! As usual you show that you have the eye to be a professional photographer. Must have been a really special accession. Keep em coming brother.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
muleskinner said:
Awesome pics! As usual you show that you have the eye to be a professional photographer. Must have been a really special accession. Keep em coming brother.

Thank You

Fossis..............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread