fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pic, we are getting 'quite a population' here in AR & OK.

Fossis..........

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So were you in a tree when you took the photo?

OP
OP
waterfalljay

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
FCCDFEd said:

I was on my deck. Bears come through our yard on a daily basis this time of year. Black bears are omnivores and not particularly dangerous, unlike their brown or white cousins. They eat my raspberries and cherries, then turn over rocks & logs looking for grubs. I have seen one go nose to nose with my cat, and the bear back down. The reason I stay on the deck is that the juveniles will attempt to "play" with me and they don't understand that I have no thick fur or claws to protect me when roughhousing. It is also more likely for them to come to harm if they are taught to interact with humans. Each year a few mama bears bring the newborn cubs by, and we often find large circles in the grass where they curl up for the night as a family. :icon_biggrin:

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
waterfalljay said:
FCCDFEd said:

I was on my deck. Bears come through our yard on a daily basis this time of year. Black bears are omnivores and not particularly dangerous, unlike their brown or white cousins. They eat my raspberries and cherries, then turn over rocks & logs looking for grubs. I have seen one go nose to nose with my cat, and the bear back down. The reason I stay on the deck is that the juveniles will attempt to "play" with me and they don't understand that I have no thick fur or claws to protect me when roughhousing. It is also more likely for them to come to harm if they are taught to interact with humans. Each year a few mama bears bring the newborn cubs by, and we often find large circles in the grass where they curl up for the night as a family. :icon_biggrin:

Black bears are in reality more dangerous than grizzly bears as they will eat you whereas a grizzly will usually knock you down and then leave when you are no longer a threat. One of my friends was killed and partially eaten by a black bear. The most dangerous bears are the ones that are not afraid of humans. Please do not underestimate these animals.

P

Pentico

Ha ha it really did look like the bear had you up the tree. lol
You got to love the wild life.
We get bears, mountain sheep, deer and moutain lions up at our cabin this time of year.
Never had a problem as long as we keep to our selfs they do the same.
Great picture.

ChrisP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread