Fishing, A Spider, Moonlight Landscape

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Did a little trout fishing with my dad recently, we caught some small native fish, no braggers, or wall hangings or anything, but we had fun catching these colorful trout. We released them to get fat for next season.

Anyone know what type of spider that is?

Last picture I took at 2:30 am, couldn't believe how bright it was with the full moon shining, birds were chirping like it was sunrise, pretty strange...pretty spooky. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• phpWl2Rq1AM.jpg
    phpWl2Rq1AM.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 344
  • phpikfmyuAM.jpg
    phpikfmyuAM.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 333
  • phplp3kSkAM.jpg
    phplp3kSkAM.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 325
  • phpRCYOzsAM.jpg
    phpRCYOzsAM.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 324
  • phptHiSA9AM.jpg
    phptHiSA9AM.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 322
  • phpqKkJWPAM.jpg
    phpqKkJWPAM.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 316
  • phpLbpqCDAM.jpg
    phpLbpqCDAM.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 329

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
cool night pic -- maybe some sort "crab" spider vaeriant? -- give those lil wild trout a season or two more to grow up a bit .

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Thanks Ivan, yeah we released all the trout, I rarely keep any. I'll check into crab variant spiders, pretty large spider. Thanks again for the Florida artifacts. I let a friend of mine who knows his artifacts better than I take a look at that one scraper / knapping tool we couldn't figure out. He seemed to think it was a heavy duty flesh scraping tool of some sort. He called it a turtleback scraper. It's kind of a unique piece, the material is high grade. Have a good one.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
know you' ld like it :wink: :icon_thumright:

it was very differant --esp for florida *

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a jumping spider, we get them around here a lot. They would rather jump away from ya instead of running. Poke him with something, I'll bet he jumps ;D...............NGE

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hi thiry7 :hello: he does look like a jumping spider of some sort,

http://bugguide.net/node/view/379146

It's beautiful weather here, I can't wait for the full moon tonight, it is kinda sureal, I find it hard to go back indoors.
Looks like you had a nice time, a well deserved break from all those points you find :laughing9:

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Hey naturegirl, I believe you and NGE are correct about jumping spider here. It's really nice outside here too, I like watching the full moon come up as well, and if it wasn't for the skeeters I'd probably drag a layzboy out on the porch and sleep there. They would tear me up though.

It was a good time, a nice break from hunting muddy fields. As soon as it rains again though you know where I'll be.

Speaking of full moons...I like your av...lol,see ya.

P

Pentico

Cool pictures.
And yes that is a jumper!
We caught a few trout this morning but nothing to write home about.

ChrisP

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Appreciate the comments and spider id help folks.

4H , good eye on that little dry fly, I think it's a 20 or 22. These aren't natives like I said before, they're wild nonnative trout but not stockers. Have a good one...

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics., thirty7! We always enjoy seeing pictures from your part of the country. We were fishing on a pond last night and enjoyed watching the moon come up, too. The old bullfrogs were croaking and the whippoorwills were calling--it was so peaceful.
sandcreek~~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread