Center Hill Lake / Rock Island .. Tennessee..

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee

Attachments

• l_6042d74c377a47c288bc052bc7cc0eae.jpg
    l_6042d74c377a47c288bc052bc7cc0eae.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,347
F

Felinepeachy

LOL wow. I can think of a number of things that could use a sign like that :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty 'sobering' sign. Which does bring me to 'how many of those were caused by alcohol intoxication?' Alcohol and water don't mix very well.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RGINN said:
Pretty 'sobering' sign. Which does bring me to 'how many of those were caused by alcohol intoxication?' Alcohol and water don't mix very well.
I've been there.
Most of them were probably drunk.
I like a cold one once in a while but, I'm sure not going try and swim buzzed.
Wear those Preservers!
Sad

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's probably unfair of me, and most folks will think it's some sort of generalization, but we worked a drowning one time where the guy passed out amongst his drinking buddies and drowned in 3 feet of water and they had no clue. They reported him missing and it was pretty easy to say 'here he is. Looks like he's been dead a few hours.' We all knew the guy too. Nothing against sittin beside the lake and drinkin a cold one or 12, but just stay out of the water if you're drunk.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We fished Center Hill and Normandy. Tournament fished and my friend and his dad were fishing in diffrent Bass Boats. His Dad hit something in the water and flipped the boat or maybe got air under it. We go pretty fast at around 90 mph. They never found his father. He(the son) went on to fish pro. This week we had three guys get hit by a barge while running trot lines. One survived the other two were drove under the barge and drown. They could not get the boat started and on the rivers, barges cant stop or turn quick. Some guys flipped a canoe in December hunting arrowheads and drown. To cold. I have lived on the water my whole life and many people die out on the water. I only know one person who drown due to alcohol. It was in a rock quarry we cliff dived in. If you know me I am on the water all the time and you have to be careful in deep water and keep that life jacket and engine kill switch on when running. No booze for us unless we are on a cabin cruiser or house boat. The jet skis are what are dangerous when they cut or turn real quick not seeing a boat behind them. Lots of unsafe teen boaters. They are the worst.
Be safe and be careful.
Thanks for shooting that sign Groundskeeper ! We have over 926 sq miles of fresh water here.
TnMtns

OP
OP
GroundS.KeepeR

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
TnMountains said:
We fished Center Hill and Normandy. Tournament fished and my friend and his dad were fishing in diffrent Bass Boats. His Dad hit something in the water and flipped the boat or maybe got air under it. We go pretty fast at around 90 mph. They never found his father. He(the son) went on to fish pro. This week we had three guys get hit by a barge while running trot lines. One survived the other two were drove under the barge and drown. They could not get the boat started and on the rivers, barges cant stop or turn quick. Some guys flipped a canoe in December hunting arrowheads and drown. To cold. I have lived on the water my whole life and many people die out on the water. I only know one person who drown due to alcohol. It was in a rock quarry we cliff dived in. If you know me I am on the water all the time and you have to be careful in deep water and keep that life jacket and engine kill switch on when running. No booze for us unless we are on a cabin cruiser or house boat. The jet skis are what are dangerous when they cut or turn real quick not seeing a boat behind them. Lots of unsafe teen boaters. They are the worst.
Be safe and be careful.
Thanks for shooting that sign Groundskeeper ! We have over 926 sq miles of fresh water here.
TnMtns
I just now read this..Sorry about your freinds Dad...90mph ? Wow! pretty fast for being on the water..Yes teens tend to get sloppy out on the water...I am also out on the water a good bit..I grew up around Ohio/Lake Erie..Ive been out on Lake Erie, on a calm day , clear blue sky ..Then ''Boom'' out of nowere Storms roll in = Very choppy water...And your very welcome Tn..

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have had a drowning a week this year it seems. Crazy. Be safe and have fun. Hope to hit the waterways later this week. The white bass should be starting to school. :thumbsup: <">=

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe they should attach a sign up sheet to the post.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread